Tanker Tuesday - 3 Sep

Mageman

Since no-one has been in the thread, I thought I'd restart it.

I'm looking for a combination that has nice synergy and does what a Tank should do - absorb damage and keep the enemies' attention no matter who else is attacking them.

This probably won't be a high-damage set as this Tank is designed for being on a team. A friend of mine recommended /Spines as most of it's attacks are AoE/PBAoE instead of single target. These attacks will help keep the attention of anyone close by.

Now what I need is a Primary set that will be highly survivable when jumping into a large group. My friend suggested a set that also has a PBAoE (I think Rad/, although I'm not sure - I should have written it down). I have been working on a Dark/Dark tank, and I'm thinking maybe use that as it also has a PBAoE.

Any suggestions for this style of Tank? Any build advice? I know low levels can be rough getting that much attention.

Invulnerability/Dark Melee is one of the most survivable tankers out there.  Invulnerability's self-heal/add HP power (Dull Pain) is slow.  The set is improved by the rapid fire self heal in Dark Melee, which is pretty good if you slot it for accurate healing.  You also have scaling defense: the more mobs you have nearby, the higher your defense grows.  This defense is amplified by the -tohit debuff in the Dark Melee attacks. 

Shield/Dark Melee is also a strong combination for similar reasons, and with Shield you get a solid alpha AOE attack from the primary.  Shield has no attack in the primary, so having one in your attack set supplies its chief deficiency. 

Edited by Heraclea
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

There are several options out there for your. I would suggest looking at Rad/Spines, Rad/Fire, Invuln/Fire, Invuln/Spines, Bio/Fire, Bio/Fire, and if you feel like playing something out side the normal. Try any of the above, but with Ice Melee (Yes I said Ice Melee), Frost is your friend!!

Nothing warms your opponent like Fiery Melee.

Tanker Tuesday and Tanker Tuesday Tour Info:

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Special weekend run for Reunion/Europe