Would anyone be in favor of a Redside October event-ish thing?

Zodai

Like, since it feels like Redside's having issues with population right now, what if we tried to like get a bunch of people to start playing Redside in October and make/play some redside chars as like a way to get population numbers up?   

• Like 3

Nice to meet you, I write stuff! 😄

"A person can easily become the giver or receiver of pain.  In order to keep that from happening, one must always hold good feelings for others."

-Shiho Miyano, Detective Conan

She/her!

You're just going to end up with a bunch of people using Null to go over to redside for a little while, then once the event is over they will go back to blue.  Face it: The problem is that it's too easy to switch, meaning there is no sense of commitment or loyalty to one side, combine that with the fact that people have always whined about redside's aesthetic/storylines and it's a recipe for the Rogue Isles to be a ghost town.

• Like 2

Leo is correct in that this is closer to a community-focused thing than it is something developer based, they have other priorities in general

And I think it's fair to say that a lot of people might just switch back, but I think at least some people might end up sticking around.  Even if the average villain population only ends up rising like 30-50% from its usual by the time something like this ends, that's still an improvement worth the effort to make the game more enjoyable imo.

People have stated reasonable flaws with Redside, though from my own experience it can at least be serviceable.  There's going to be at least some who end up liking it, I think the activity is a larger thing than the aesthetic/storylines at least.

Edited by Zodai

"A person can easily become the giver or receiver of pain.  In order to keep that from happening, one must always hold good feelings for others."

She/her!

Like, do you have something specific in mind (like a super team or something)?  I'd be inclined (though I play a lot of redside anyway, so I might not be your target audience) but I think you'd need some sort of draw to hook people rather than just "hey, let's try to play more redside next month".

7 minutes ago, Lazarillo said:

Like, do you have something specific in mind (like a super team or something)?  I'd be inclined (though I play a lot of redside anyway, so I might not be your target audience) but I think you'd need some sort of draw to hook people rather than just "hey, let's try to play more redside next month".

The main things that come to mind are like, having some people who can run a fair amount of DFBs/other Trials and SFs so Redside can find groups.  Could probably be good to think on more possibilities though

Everlasting could probably put in some RP stuff as well, though I'm only on that and Torchbearer so I don't know if I could handle all the servers myself ^^;

Edited by Zodai

She/her!