Suggestion: Alternate powerset lineups

biostem

This would undoubtedly require a lot of work, but I think it could add a new dimension to the game.  My initial inspiration for this idea came from how Sentinels have blast sets that are slightly rearranged from what other ATs get.  To this end, what if there were several options for each set made available to us, with powers and their related stats, being adjusted to account for the new order.  For instance, maybe I want to get speed boost a lot earlier on my /kin corruptor.  OK, well then its end cost, recharge, or overall buff may be modified to account for that.  What if my mastermind wants the assault bot sooner - it'll be weaker than its original counterpart or otherwise adjusted.  Your thoughts?  Thanks!

Edited by biostem

Would be similar to making entirely new powersets from a numbers standpoint.

The animations and art would be there, but each set would have to be complete before it was provided to the players. You wouldn't be able to drag and drop powers, yourself, as a player, up and down the powerset. It would be Kinetic Melee1, Kinetic Melee2, Kinetic Melee3 for each variation of power order.

20 minutes ago, Steampunkette said:

Would be similar to making entirely new powersets from a numbers standpoint.

The animations and art would be there, but each set would have to be complete before it was provided to the players. You wouldn't be able to drag and drop powers, yourself, as a player, up and down the powerset. It would be Kinetic Melee1, Kinetic Melee2, Kinetic Melee3 for each variation of power order.

Understood.  Do you think it would be too good if everyone that used a blast set could choose between the base and sentinel lineups, as a starting point?

Edited by biostem

28 minutes ago, biostem said:

Understood.  Do you think it would be too good if everyone that used a blast set could choose between the base and sentinel lineups, as a starting point?

Not particularly, no. In fact it would be Underpowered.

Blaster sets have a muuuuuch higher target cap and a longer range than Sentinel sets. The baseline damage values are a -touch- different, but overall it would be a Blaster who blasts poorly compared to others.

Unless the Devs took the time to create a separate "Blaster-Specific" Sentinel Set version of every Sentinel set... which would be a lotta work for not much benefit, really.

• Thanks 1