Can someone make a video how to get outside the base?

LongLiveTA

Im at work right now and cannot  make a video... but I will be happy to give simple directions in hopes that it will be enough.

1. go into edit base mode

2. in any room set the ceiling as high as you can

3.  in style tab set the "high ceiling" of that room to "open sky"

4. while still in edit mode fly into said sky

if not at work I would be happy to invite you to my discord channel and talk you through it but I feel like this is gonna do it for you... PM me if you prefer and I will be happy to help.

If you are referring to building outside your base, all you need to do is this while in base edit mode;

1. Press F3 to enable Room Clipping
  2. Fill your room(s) from floor to ceiling - use the Current Room > Object window to do this (see image below)
  3. Click on your base entry portal item and drag it above the room you just filled from floor to ceiling.  It will place it above the base. 
  4. If you are stuck in your entrance room, type /stuck into the chat and you will be moved to wherever you placed the entry portal.

You can now start building outside the base.

This is the screen you want to fill the room(s) from floor to ceiling.  Just click the Wall section shown below to toggle filling up a column from floor to ceiling, then apply it to the whole room or whole base using the Apply to Room or Apply to Base buttons.  You can also click and hold a section of the floor and drag the mouse up to create a column from floor to ceiling.

spacer.png

Edited by ShardWarrior

• Community Rep

I made a couple of very basic vids, one to get started/get to open sky, one to get set to build above or below your base. There are short, and of necessity, only address one small aspect at a time. They are not super high quality so that they didn't become overly huge to download.

Basics:

Building Above or Below:

I'm planning more in the future. Hopefully these are clear enough.

-Dacy

3 hours ago, Dacy said:

I made a couple of very basic vids, one to get started/get to open sky, one to get set to build above or below your base. There are short, and of necessity, only address one small aspect at a time. They are not super high quality so that they didn't become overly huge to download.

Basics:

Building Above or Below:

I'm planning more in the future. Hopefully these are clear enough.

-Dacy

You right there, I love you so much. Those two video's were EXACTLY what I needed! You go through it so well that even I could follow it. I cannot thank you enough.

• Like 1