Incarnate Trials

Corruption

I've been running a lot of Incarnate Trials lately and thought it would be nice if a couple of features could be added to make them more like Task Forces.

The first is minimum player requirements. Right now, the minimum amount of players required to start 3 of the trials is 8, while the rest require 12. It would be nice if Incarnate Trials could be started with less people or the minimum player requirement was removed completely like it was for Task Forces.  I completed a Lambda and Dilemma Diabolique Trial relatively easily with only two other friends, but it requires fillers to start and a certain number of players are required to stay in the trial or else it fails. I don't see a downside in implementing this considering a Statesman/Ms. Liberty Task Force can be started solo even though the vast majority of players are incapable of soloing it.

The other feature I have in mind is simply a timer. The completion time should be shown at the end of a trial like it does at the end of a Task Force. I'm surprised this was never added when Incarnate Trials were originally introduced.

• Like 3

On 9/10/2019 at 8:14 AM, Corruption said:

I completed a Lambda and Dilemma Diabolique Trial relatively easily with only two other friends

Not to sound skeptical but..REALLY? You did DD with 3 people? I can maybe see a trio killing the normal AVs in that, but the Sentinal? It takes awhile with a full league. It would have taken forever, even assuming you had the dps to beat his regen. Not too mention the final fight, with D herself, the other heroes, and having to spend time killing those green healing things.

If you did it..awesome job. But I seriously doubt many combos of 3 toons could make even a decent crack at it.

/signed

I did DD with 3 friends, and we're much more casual than Corruption's crew. Incarnate trial difficulty scale with league size (up to the player minimum). So a league of 16 where half of the players are half AFK or playing casually will struggle much more than a league of 8 where 5-6 are decent players. 3-4 good players can do it without trouble if they're paying attention. In the final fight a single person should be able to shoot down the healing things with room to spare, so it's a straightforward AV fight for the rest of the team.

Edited by nihilii

7 hours ago, Razor Cure said:

Not to sound skeptical but..REALLY? You did DD with 3 people? I can maybe see a trio killing the normal AVs in that, but the Sentinal? It takes awhile with a full league. It would have taken forever, even assuming you had the dps to beat his regen. Not too mention the final fight, with D herself, the other heroes, and having to spend time killing those green healing things.

If you did it..awesome job. But I seriously doubt many combos of 3 toons could make even a decent crack at it.

You can do a lot with 2 Fire/Cold Corruptors. The Sentinel was taken out without Lore pets, we saved them for Diabolique. If you add temp powers to the mix, which we didn't use, it becomes even easier. 

I would like to try some of the 12 person trials with a small team, but it sounds very annoying to get started. I'm not sure how many people are required to stay in those trials. Lambda only requires 4, while DD requires more for some reason. 

Most people won't be able to complete them with so few people. Something like Magisterium is likely impossible. However, I don't see an issue with letting people try. They can even keep in a warning message saying these are meant for x amount of players.