Help with High Priority Targeting

JusticeBowler

I'm working on a bind I found for targeting really annoying things. Since I'm running a Warshade lately its easy to fixate on Quants etc, but there's plenty of room in the bind for other things: Sappers, Master Illusionists, etc... I'd love some input on what you all think ought to be in the list. There's an upper character limit (and also at some point this gets silly). But I thought I'd throw it on the board and see what people thought.

/bind ALT+TAB "targetcustomnext sorc$$targetcustomnext quant$$targetcustomnext void$$targetcustomnext dwarf$$targetcustomnext nova$$targetcustomnext cryst$$targetcustomnext sapp$$targetcustomnext master"

Some bind expert will have to chime in, but I assume this bind runs forward. So I assume the "most bad" would come at the end and not at the beginning of the bind.

As a side note sometime this bind (below) is supposed to work for finding clickies but doesn't when I tried it, any ideas why?

/bind CTRL+TAB "targetcustomnext base"

Svengjuk, Formerly Alice, Empty Man, EM Riptide, Silver Mouse, and many more... SG: Hero Dawn

The bind will be stored with the rest of my binds in a text file for ease of loading and management. I use GABB as a basis for my own additions and tweaks.

Svengjuk, Formerly Alice, Empty Man, EM Riptide, Silver Mouse, and many more... SG: Hero Dawn

That was a quirk back during live.  The basic targeting would pick up corpses before they expired causing some complication. 

If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles.”

― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Roaming Everlasting as the Peacebringer Ganymedean.

I have files for each enemy group to allow for targeting the specific annoyances -- DE enemators, Malta sappers, Vahz embalmed, etc.  At mission start, I load the appropriate file.

I've thought about making an all in one bind to cover all of them, but I don't think they would all fit in a single bind.

-=Janrith

I have files for each enemy group to allow for targeting the specific annoyances -- DE enemators, Malta sappers, Vahz embalmed, etc.  At mission start, I load the appropriate file.

I've thought about making an all in one bind to cover all of them, but I don't think they would all fit in a single bind.

You you mind sharing your files? It would make a great place to start trying to build a single command depending on the limit.

• 1 month later

You you mind sharing your files? It would make a great place to start trying to build a single command depending on the limit.

Sorry I didn't see this until now; for some reason I thought I'd be automagically be notified of changes to threads I've commented on <-- my bad.

I'm working on cleaning them up at the moment; when I get them squared away (I'm about 30% done atm) I'll figure out a way to do that.

Also, a quick note about target_custom_next <keyword1> <keyword2> ...<keywordN> <targetstring>:

ParagonWiki (and every bind guide I've ever read) says to put the keywords BEFORE the enemy to search for.  As noted above, this doesn't seem to work to avoid defeated but not de-rez'd enemies.  We've all assumed this was a bug from LIVE that was never addressed prior to shutdown.

I found an old bind file of mine that was doing it the "wrong" way and found that it was actually filtering out the dead enemies correctly.  I've been testing it out to be sure.  Here's the contents of my Tuatha.txt file:

v "targetcustomnext champ enemy alive$$targetcustomnext bres enemy alive"

It works like a charm.

This bind will target (in reverse order) Bres (bosses), then Champions, and if neither are present, nothing happens.

Since we are limited to 255 characters for the actual bind text, I'm omitting the underscores, and trimming the target names to uniquely identify the target enemies using (hopefully) the least amount of characters in the enemy name.

The updates I'm making are to be sure that all the binds are using this new economical structure.

When I'm finished (hopefully in the next couple of days as time allows), I'll figure out how to share them with the community -- along with the custom.window file I use to load them in game.

Take care.

I've been doing some refinement and will be doing more testing today on the updated files.  There are a few instances where the enemy groups have so many annoying entities that I can't add the enemy alive keywords in them without exceeding the 256 character limit.

I'm documenting the groups I've accounted for, along with some notes as to why they're being targeted, such as:

B: Needed for Badge

D: Debuffer

E: Explodes

H: Healer

I: Immober

M: Mezzer/Disorienter

R: Rezzer

S: Sniper

T: Teleporter (or Summoner)

My hope is to upload the info and have you folks give me some input on what I may have missed in the groups, and perhaps info on some of the groups that I've not tackled yet.  I've got a third of them in a spreadsheet with notes; I'm going to work on more later -- the rest of the family is online and the call of battle has become irresistible.

Watch this space.