Can't get rid of the Crab backpack

Sheyd

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Costumes

The Crab Spider Backpack

The first costume slot operates oddly with Arachnos Soldiers who have Multiple Builds. If one build contains any powers from a Crab Spider power set, then all builds automatically use the Crab Spider backpack accessory in the first costume slot. This even causes it to replace the unique cape that would normally show on a build that contains powers from the Bane Spider power set. Positron describes this as an "unfortunate effect" of how the game currently works, though it's on the Known Issues list and may be fixed in the future.

So keep talking about having a Bane, but you must have a crab build on build 2? if that's not the case this is a different bug.

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

So keep talking about having a Bane, but you must have a crab build on build 2? if that's not the case this is a different bug.

No, its if you have a crab build as a alternate build on that character you will have the crab backpack even on your bane spider builds.

That's what I'm asking the original poster to confirm. He didn't say that he had a bane and a crab on two different builds.

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

• 2 weeks later

Hi there

Figured I'd post here instead of creating a new thread.

I have an Arachnos Soldier that has no Crab powers whatsoever, even on a second build.  When I try to alter my original costume, it attempts to force the Crab backpack on me.  I cancel out.  If I adjust a second costume, it does not do this ... but I am not able to access the Arachnos Soldier costume bits.

I have an Arachnos Soldier that has no Crab powers whatsoever, even on a second build.  When I try to alter my original costume, it attempts to force the Crab backpack on me.  I cancel out.  If I adjust a second costume, it does not do this ... but I am not able to access the Arachnos Soldier costume bits.

Does it actually include the crab backpack once you leave the tailor interface? From what I saw when I created my SoA the tailor interface showed them with the crab backpack but once I finalized the tailor session the backpack went away until I did a respec to take some crab powers.

Defender Smash!

Does it actually include the crab backpack once you leave the tailor interface? From what I saw when I created my SoA the tailor interface showed them with the crab backpack but once I finalized the tailor session the backpack went away until I did a respec to take some crab powers.

I have thought about seeing what would happen if I just finalized the session ... but a couple things keep me from doing so:

Fear that I'd end up with the backpack that I very much do not want, and no way to "go back" to the backpackless uniform that I like.

It (the backpack) costs more influence than I want to pony up to experiment.

All I really want to do is just change the color of my rifle on my current costume, lol.  And I go in there and it tries to plop a backpack on me and tries to make me pay for it.  :D

~C