Any secondaries that synergize well with Dark/ or is Dark/Dark the only way to go?

Argulus

Was looking at taking my first stab at a Dark/ controller.  Have played a Dark/Dark Defender and Corrupter and was wondering what secondaries have synergy with Dark/.  I realize all combinations are viable and have read some other posts on the forums in regards to overall thoughts on all of the secondaries, but was hoping for some specific input as to what exactly the synergies would be to best gear up to the playstyle the combo(s) will offer.

Thanks for any input.

TechnoPrime - Robotics/Gadgets MM

Project Exo-Fusion - Warshade

RAD Hammer - Rad/Rad Brute

Battle Master - Kin/EA Scrapper

Wave Lord - Storm/Water Defender

I've been having a blast leveling with /Storm.  I was already familiar with it from Earth. The extra 2 pets, the additional tohit debuff and positioning from hurricane, the ability to build some nice proc attacks and the -res really make it a strong team player. The damage from tornado+enflame+LS is brutal, and then throw Haunt and fluffy on top and you have a wrecking ball of a controller. 

Freedom toons:

Illuminata

Phoebros

Mim

Ogrebane

Okay, great.  Super appreciate the input.

I am running a Storm/Water Defender right now, and yes Storm is sweet.  In regards to cejmp's statement, I see what he is referring to.

Tried out a Rad/Rad Defender and agree that /Rad has some sweet options to offer.

Haven't really looked at /Nature.  What exactly does it bring to the table in regards to synergy with Dark/  ?

TechnoPrime - Robotics/Gadgets MM

Project Exo-Fusion - Warshade

RAD Hammer - Rad/Rad Brute

Battle Master - Kin/EA Scrapper

Wave Lord - Storm/Water Defender

4 hours ago, Argulus said:

Haven't really looked at /Nature.  What exactly does it bring to the table in regards to synergy with Dark/  ?

So the most obvious, IMO, is Spore Cloud, which imparts a -tohit, -dmg, and -regen on enemies.  Entangling Aura is a toggle hold, which would stack very nicely with your primary hold powers.  The -res in Corrosive Enzymes means that all your and your teammates' attacks will do more damage,  and the cone from Regrowth, which also heals you, when used in conjunction with a "target_custom_next" bind, to target either one of your pets, or if created on the fly to target your team's tank, is very effective.

Dark/Time also has some strong synergy. It’s biggest advantage over Dark/Dark is that it gives you less reason to dive headlong into melee to try and stick your recovery power’s target cap, as well as a larger amount of bonus ToHit and Regeneration, and a fantastic level 38 power which gives you a 50% recharge boost.

I recall there being a Dark/Time build posted in the Proc Monster thread which takes advantage of both sets in an interesting way.

• Like 1