Suggestion: command or functionality to kick people out of SG base

betaflex1

Do you like to host events, but have squatters that plop themselves where they're told not to be and refuse to listen? This is the suggestion for you!
As the title of the thread states: there should be a command or functionality to forcibly kick people out of an SG's base that they're not a part of. Can't really set standards if guests can disrespect the host SG with no consequences, and changing the base password every time makes it tougher for SGs that emphasize making events that are open to the community. Would be easier to just kick people out of the SG base.

A way that this can be achieved:
If <SG member> has <rank> and <rank> has permission:
--Display <kick button> to <member> when selecting <character>

<Kick button>
--executes command to force <character> to exit SG base
--permission required: user must be <rank>
--restriction: cannot kick <SG member>

(Given, coding is always a challenge in itself, but this would be a brainstorm on one method to set up the functionality to kick people out of SG bases)

That's a way to implement the UI stuff and kicking logic. But the actual kicking mechanic isn't in your post.

So the way Maps work is that you're attached to them until you leave or the map stops. When you go into a timed mish and the timer reaches 0 you don't get kicked out of a map that is still there: The map itself closes and ceases to exist. You get kicked out because the Mapserver knows you have to be -somewhere- and takes you back to the entrance of the map. (Or, at least, the last place you were before entering the map when it comes to Bases with the SG Teleporter)

There are functions to move people from map to map. But those all require player opt-in. I.E. you have to click the door/portal/crystal.

This would need to be an involuntary function initiated by someone else on the target. GMs have that power, I -believe-. To force people to change maps. But I don't think they can force people 'out' of a map. So if something like this were implemented I think it would need to tap into that power and default to Pocket D. That way the person kicked cannot be kicked into a high level zone as a trolling method.

18 minutes ago, krj12 said:

Might be easier to just have non-SG members spawn outside the base when logging back in.  Devs could pick an arbitrary point, such as the spot where you first appear on a new character.

That's what happens when someone logs out in an SG Base.

This suggestion is to forcibly remove people from an SG Base who are still online and being a nuisance.