Power/Patron Pool Question

Clave Dark 5

So "a character may select powers from up to four power pools per build", and a character can opt into choosing powers from one of the Patron Pools (after completing a story arc) but... if they choose a Patron Pool power, does that count as one of those four allowed Power Pools, or could a character choose something from four Power Pool AND a Patron Pool?

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Awesome, thanks. I'm working on a build - or to be more precise, adapting a build from the forums here - and this was an issue because I wanted to add in flight flight without having to rely on store-bought jet-packs. 

They just look so out of place on flying pumpkin-headed magic beasts, you know?

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

3 minutes ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Awesome, thanks. I'm working on a build - or to be more precise, adapting a build from the forums here - and this was an issue because I wanted to add in flight flight without having to rely on store-bought jet-packs. 

They just look so out of place on flying pumpkin-headed magic beasts, you know?

What about the magic carpet?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrAxe said:

What about the magic carpet?

I considered it, but I've heard it drops your toggles when you use it.  The character I'm building is a tanker, so I would have to settle for re-toggling a lot if I went that rout.  I mean, I could do that and have an extra power slot, but I can be lazy.

Go have fun!

1 minute ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

I considered it, but I've heard it drops your toggles when you use it.  The character I'm building is a tanker, so I would have to settle for re-toggling a lot if I went that rout.  I mean, I could do that and have an extra power slot, but I can be lazy.

Ah I did wonder if you were toggle heavy as otherwise the solution was obvious. I love rocket board so much that I intentionally took fly a bit later. When exemplared it gives me the excuse to use it with only 3 toggles to reactivate.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrAxe said:

Ah I did wonder if you were toggle heavy as otherwise the solution was obvious. I love rocket board so much that I intentionally took fly a bit later. When exemplared it gives me the excuse to use it with only 3 toggles to reactivate.

I've been tempted to take one of those two for awhile now, just cuz they're both cool!  But now's probably not a good time for them.

Go have fun!