Favorite Tank for non tanks

Chalkarts

Yeah, I played Secret World for a while, mostly in the tanker role.  All the dungeons (equivalent to trials here) had unique mechanics like those described above.  "when the boss sends a wave of slime down the right side of the bridge, run left, and vice versa, several times.  Then there's a subtle cue the big wave is coming and you need to run back and hop over the fallen column.  Then run forward again..."  My "tank" was reduced to running around like a cockroach when the kitchen lights come on.  One mistake and you die, sometimes resetting the entire dungeon.  For some reason some game designers think this kind of precise choreography adds "variety" to a game or something.  Note that only by hundreds of deaths could you figure out the rules for each dungeon on your onw; naturally we just read what others had figured out and went through the motions.

On the topic of COH tanking...recently got my Inv/SS Tanker to 22 and decent IOs and formed a few PUGs.  One went fine, but on another night I managed to pull enough aggro that the team went down and me with it.  I suggested to the team we'd try corner pulling, which worked.  But after several successful small pulls I began to increase the size of the crowds I'd aggro until we started to have trouble again.  Eventually we were able to stop corner pulling and go back to bum-rushing mobs, relying on my newfound estimation of the appropriate fight size for THIS particular PUG.  Sometimes you have to be flexible and find what works.