Brute or Tank for Elec/Elec?

TheGentlemanGhostronaut

I have a few builds for Elec/Elec brute in the Archive, updates on a character which I actively ran back on the Live Server:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yCFk0CHE_dezcerA3pKtahfIcuyyqufA/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TjKxWsDSRa8ANDsvlOtEd88VNLEg_MUq/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BAM91ORigK3odpKP_lqEZCYwPsw8acvY/view?usp=sharing

The only Tank is an Elec/Rad; and it was a concept that I never made. 

As far as commentary on the two? Well, I'll attempt to quote myself from an archived source on the subject of Elec Melee:

The reason for this departure, especially on a Power Set that I was actively working on very recently, is that I loathe Electric Melee. Having tried that power set on a Brute, then a Tanker, and then a Stalker; all three highly optimized to soft-capped defenses and high recharge rates; I finally came to the conclusion that I really just hated the Electric Melee set.

Elec Melee is cursed by the same terrible performance as other "Elemental" sets. The Live devs handled elemental sets with kids gloves, massively under-speccing the damage components due to the "non-damage" effects, which in the case of electric was the endurance drain. Only enemies cheat on endurance drain. Many having been recorded casting their most powerful alpha strike on ~1 endurance tick. The energy drain is also so little, comparatively speaking, that even if you slotted nothing but endurance modification and took Agility Alpha Incarnate you still couldn't reliably drain most enemies to stop attacks. 

So you're basically trading off nerfed damage for a utility that has no real-game affect, even if you couple that utility with stronger endurance-draining powers. 

Now, I believe PowerHouse is aware of Elec Melee's underperformance, but PowerHouse hasn't displayed a tendency of just adding damage flat out to underperforming sets. So I don't know what he or other members of the powers team have on the table to do with Electric Melee, if any plans at all as of yet. 

Electric Armor, on the other hand, is a beast.  Even the Brute version can go toe-to-toe with Tower Boosted Recluse without needing a dedicated buffer. But while a Brute can get 80% resist on S/L/E/F/C damages and S/L/F/C/M soft capped defenses while cranking ~40hp/s regeneration

A Tanker version can hard-cap S/L/E/F/C damages with soft-capped S/L/F/C/M/A defenses and ~44hp/s regeneration. 

If I were making one today? I don't think I'd actually make an Elec Tanker just because, well, Tanker's need an overhaul in general. Sure, they have more survivability than brutes, but the delta between survivability versus offense is lopsided in the Brute's favor. You'd get 95% of the survivability with greater damages.