Solo bosses like bads in the city?

Nezbit

Set mission enemy group to "Empty", use the "Fight a Boss" detail to fill the map; set boss to whatever you want, but make sure you set "Surrounding Enemy Group" to "Empty" as well. Set quantity to however many you want; you probably want to have it so they're not required for mission completion, and adding a "Collect An Object" to be the only required objective, to save having to search for any you miss.

• 2 months later

Resurrecting this thread.

First off...love the humor in Bads.  Love the solo friendly farms.  It has really opened me up to trying different archetypes.

My question...how do you make those custom enemies?  I figured out that they are Elite bosses.  That they use throwing knives as a primary power and, I believe, what looks like Thermal for secondary.  But when I try to duplicate something on my own, I cannot figure out how to get to 100% on the slider at level 1.  Are there additional powers that are selected but not visible?  I tried to add a few to get to the 100% but the bosses used them and actually made it harder to defeat them in comparison to what is used in Bads.

I want to try my hand at authoring AR missions, but first I am trying to understand how these most popular authors do it. 

Thanks.

Water Damage - Water/Ice Blaster

Atom Bum -  Rad/Fire Brute
Abyssal - Titan Weapon/Bio Scrapper
Razer's Edge - Katana/Bio Brute

Anyone?

The best I can tell from playing Bads is that the primary powers that are being used are from Titan Weapons - Throwing Knives & Build up.  The secondary, which seems to be hardly used, is a flame heal.  I cannot seem to find the right combination to duplicate this myself.  On top of this, I believe that the slide for these EB's must be 100% at 50 since every level gets max payout even when I gain a level in the mission.

Is there a piece to this puzzle that I am missing (some other function of mission construction, something related to having an Ally)?  I have attempted to contact the author of Bads with no luck (email was full) as well as an author of a clone mission that looked to be the same (no response). 

Please - does anyone out there know what I need to do?  Hopefully I am not trying to get state secrets or breaking etiquette by asking,  I just want to understand and build some good missions.

Water Damage - Water/Ice Blaster

Atom Bum -  Rad/Fire Brute
Abyssal - Titan Weapon/Bio Scrapper
Razer's Edge - Katana/Bio Brute

• 2 months later