Forced Feedback: Chance for +Recharge Observation

tidge

This is an observation that I have not been able to reliably test if it is a 'bug', especially as it involves a 'beta' feature: Power Recharge Indicators.

I have observed that for longer recharge click powers (> 90 seconds) when I get a trigger from the Forced Feedback: Chance for +Recharge proc the Power Recharge indicator will jump (closer to zero) about 15 seconds, but then when the +Recharge proc ends that the Recharge Indicator jumps back to the original time of the indicator. I only began noticing this when I was able to work the attack with the +Recharge proc into a relatively quick/reliable attack chain but also had relatively slow (90 - 120 second) click powers.

Edit: The power with the jumpy indicator is "Dark Consumption" (for Controllers)

Edited by tidge
Added detail on power

That's not really a bug, just an oddity of the how power icons display cooldowns. Every power's icon grows at a steady rate while it's recharging; it's different for each power depending on the base recharge, but when that recharge is modified, the rate at which the icon grows doesn't actually change. Instead, when the recharge has been reduced, the icon just starts off farther along in its growth period. The reverse is also true; if you get hit by a slow, or one of your recharge boosts expires, the icon will revert back to an earlier point in its growth rate. This is why if you get hit with a massive slow, like Lingering Radiation from an Archvillain, for example, your powers will appear to not be recharging, because their recharge is reduced so much that the icons stay at the minimum size until the time remaining on the slowed recharge is less than the base recharge. Under the hood, however, all the recharge rate math works as expected.

Edited by Vanden