Unable to access my base now after editing :(

Sakai

Hi. I did something dumb it seems. 

While visiting someone's base I got inspired and decided to work on mine. 

What seems to have happened is that I have moved my portal to overlap my rez machine (or something else possibly).

When I enter the base I am unable to leave the blue portal and move around. I also tried dying and going to the rez spot but the only option I get is the regular hospital. I suspect this is because I deketdd the rom wuth power/control items but am not sure 

Not getting an option to edit the base or I would just move things around. 

Also tried using a hero with teleport to poof around the room but to no avail. 

Wouldnt really care except that I have tonnes of enhancements in there. 

Suggestions?

• Community Rep

You can edit away from the entry room by typing /editbase 1. Then you will find you’ve been moved to the entry room.  To get back to the portal, type /stuck. You need to move the portal.  There is a bug where it will make people get stuck when they enter the base, and typing/stuck does not help. This is usually because it is either not on something that the base recognizes as a floor, or it’s being interfered with by another object.  You may have to move it other times as well; the error can be persistent. 

You are right to think that the rez unit won’t work because you removed power/control items. To confirm, look at the upper right bar of the base editor and/or the item window while in editing mode. If it’s red and flashing, it needs power and/or control. Power and control items can be anywhere in the base plot and still work, they don’t have to be interfering with your base design. You can sink them into the floor or put them far away. 

Also, don’t place a Rez unit too close to other things that teleport; I didn’t remember to note that in the video, but it’s a bug I discovered once. I’d get stuck when I rezzed, and I wouldn’t even be at the rezzer. Turns out the game gets confused as to which device you should be coming from, because my Rez unit was right next to my teleporters.  Even though you don’t come into the base through the teleporters, they are a transportation type device, and the game apparently was having some problems with that.  I don’t know what the minimum distance is that you have to have to place them successfully, but if you have problems getting stuck after you have powered your rez unit, I would definitely move it farther away from the entry portal or teleporter devices. 

For more details and a guide on how to do things you want, I would recommend my video guide series on base building. 

-Dacy

Edited by Dacy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks a lot for the info Dacy. 

So when I dropped into my base today I was able to move again. I immediately fixed the issue and off I went to carry on interweaving various hedges, trees and shrubs  🙂  Things are so much easier this time out. 

Lots of good info up there. Someone had mentioned the /stuck yesturday as I was horribly lost.  Though by  that time I had declared defeat and simply Ouroed out. 

I noticed in another thread that you were making vids.  I will make a point to check them out. 

Thank you again and happy hunting. 

• Like 1