Inktober

On 11/1/2019 at 10:30 PM, Christopher Robin said:

Thank you for starting the thread MBM, it was a fun diversion. zb7XgP0P_o.png

You should make it a habit, you know the more I see your drawings the more they remind me of a single panel comic.

A speech bubble or two and a couple reoccurring characters or a pithy caption and you're there.

Something like "The Adventures of Missing Cat."

I would totally read that comic if it existed.

I'm glad you had fun! 😄

and that's awfully nice of you to say, thank you ❤️ I'm no artist but I like storytelling (comics!), so I'm glad you think so  

• Like 1

On 11/3/2019 at 4:35 AM, Midnight Blue Mage said:

I'm glad you had fun! 😄

and that's awfully nice of you to say, thank you ❤️ I'm no artist but I like storytelling (comics!), so I'm glad you think so  

Three thoughts on that:

1: Every artist says that, if not aloud then in their head, dozens of times throughout their life.

Heck I say it to this day from time to time.

2. Art is a journey of sorts and you can never tell at the beginning where you might end up.

Think about the best modern day artist you know.

Now realize when he/she started out they were probably drawing stick

figures or tracing stuff and politely telling people who saw potential in them... "Oh I'm no artist."

3. You don't need to be Leonardo (Da Vinci not the Ninja Turtle) to make a comic for fun and profit.

The above are generalized truths, specifically in this case I was talking like a web comic series.

The fact that you like storytelling (and I could pick up on that from your Inktober stuff)

is all you really need in the beginning. The art will come with repetition.  One of the

best and longest running webcomics out there started out looking like this...

https://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=2

Just a heads up the link is to a comic called "Questionable Content" and it does

have some adult themes, toilet humor, dating stuff and as Wil Wheaton's temp tattoo says... butts.

at well over 4k comics posted he has obviously gotten much better over the years and even

went back and redrew his first few hundred in his new style because the stories still held up and

he wanted to put them out in book form to sell at cons. Oh and speaking of I am sure if you told the

younger Jeff Jaques who started from almost nothing that people far more famous than him would wait in

line at conventions to meet him and get his comic drawn on their bodies I am sure he would not have believed you. 07K1tHnz_o.png

on6n2Iw.jpg

Besides if you ended up being Leonardo the Ninja Turtle at some

point along the way, that'd be pretty awesome too. E9rkOkuW_o.gif

Edited by Christopher Robin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Like the Costume Creator? Enjoy a challenge? Love to WIN?

You really should've clicked here before 6pm on Sunday the 18th!

07K1tHnz_o.png

@Christopher Robin Thank you for the kind words and encouragement

I've found perseverance to be the trickiest part, but the second-toughest part (for me anyway) has always been inspiration, and currently, there is absolutely no lack of that! ❤️

I'll do my best to continue slinging pencil lead (or katanas, even better) for the foreseeable future :]

• Like 2