Ludot's creation strips&illustrations

ludots

Hello Ludots, welcome to the best part of the forums. zb7XgP0P_o.png

I don't think your image link is working correctly.

I am browsing in Waterfox and I don't see the image.

Edit: Never mind I see it now, I backtracked the image to ImageShack and tried viewing it directly and

it turns out they have a Data Tracker that won't let you see the image until you give them permission to track you. rFYv2e1c_o.gif

Edited by Christopher Robin
  • Like 1

Like the Costume Creator? Enjoy a challenge? Love to WIN?

You really should've clicked here before 6pm on Sunday the 18th!

07K1tHnz_o.png

Nice start to your comic Ludot.

For those who cannot read French let me save you the trip to Google Translate. rs4wmRnk_o.gif

What it says                                                        The literal translation from Google                                                 How I would read it                                     

SBLAM                                                                        =  SBLAM!                                                                                      =  SBLAM (pretty universal lol)

les vacances sont finies bande de crapules.         =  the holidays are over gang of scoundrels.                           =  The party's over scumbags!
Car revoila vigilance                                                 =  Because here is vigilance                                                         =  Because Vigilance is here!

il est serieux?                                                              =  it is serious?                                                                                =  Is he serious?
les heros de vigilance reprennent du service.     =  heros of vigilance resume service.                                        =  The heroes of Vigilance are back!

Pif Paf:  I assume this is onomatopoeia for gettin beyotch slapped. 07K1tHnz_o.png

If someone is fluent in both languages and has

a better translation by all means post it.

• Thanks 3

07K1tHnz_o.png

Hello Christopher,

thank you for translate job, your personal version is better than google and i think it will for a long time yet. 

I tried with Firefox or Safari and the picture  works, but some things i tried for waterfox doesn't work so maybe is Waterfox the problem ?

• Like 2

Hello,

an adventure of Vigilance and a confiscate weapons mission.

let the police do their job

thank you

stripcoh1.thumb.jpg.54fe60ddfa7c57f938a109be96cc5192.jpg

first square :

- It was the last weapons to confiscate, i will go back to see my contact for a debriefing.

Third square :

- Hey not so fast, we need to check all bags !

- yep

Fourth Square :

- Gun's dealing ! you are good for the Zig. Don't try to fool us, René it's smell good promotion !

- yep

• Like 2

I would suggest...

1st panel:

Vigilance: Well, those were the last of the weapons I was told to confiscate.

I should check in with my contact for debriefing.

-----------------

3rd panel:

1st cop: Woah, not so fast! We need to check your bags.

Rene: Yeah.

------------------

4th panel:

1st cop: Weapons smuggling! You can't fool us pal, you're headed for the Zig!

I smell a promotion here René!

Rene: Yeah.

-------------------

Note: I went with smuggling and not dealing since he isn't selling anything just trying

to pass by the security gate into Atlas Park. Weapons trafficking could work too but that is

more a crime you get charged with during a trial and less a common phrase security might use.

I would also point out that René is primarily a male name in French (if I am wrong about that

please do let me know) but is typically a female name in English since both the cops appear to be male.

Cheers!

1 hour ago, ludots said:

Hello,

an adventure of Vigilance and a confiscate weapons mission.

let the police do their job

thank you

stripcoh1.thumb.jpg.54fe60ddfa7c57f938a109be96cc5192.jpg

• Like 3

07K1tHnz_o.png

the tone used in the story is second degree, the cops seems not so smart and more they arrest a hero believing to have a criminal. weapons trafficking sounds good to me.

my little stories i'm doing take some situation in CoH to replace it with some humour or ridiculous situation.

I would also point out that René is primarily a male name in French (if I am wrong about that

please do let me know) but is typically a female name in English since both the cops appear to be male.

I don't understand ur point of view in ur phrase above :  do you mean i must change name for policeman in translate version because he 's male ?

- René name's could be used for male of female in French and i know some male personnality name René in English

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, ludots said:

the tone used in the story is second degree, the cops seems not so smart and more they arrest a hero believing to have a criminal. weapons trafficking sounds good to me.

Agree. Trafficking could work fine as I said.

But in your translation below you used "dealing" and that implies selling.

On 10/14/2019 at 6:53 AM, ludots said:

Fourth Square :

- Gun's dealing ! you are good for the Zig. Don't try to fool us, René it's smell good promotion !

- yep

So I was saying since no one is selling guns that maybe smuggling or trafficking would be better.  Just a suggestion.

my little stories i'm doing take some situation in CoH to replace it with some humour or ridiculous situation.

Yep. I understood that. zb7XgP0P_o.png

I would also point out that René is primarily a male name in French (if I am wrong about that

I don't understand ur point of view in ur phrase above :  do you mean i must change name for policeman in translate version because he 's male ?

- René name's could be used for male of female in French and i know some male personnality name René in English

No of course not. You are the artist and it is your story to tell how you see fit.

I was talking to English audiences and saying that it might look strange to

them calling a man Rene but it is not a mistake because this is common in French.

I was answering a question before it happened but if this is not helping I will stop translating your comic.

I am sure most will understand without me and if they do not they can get an online translation if they care to on their own.

Carry on!

• Like 2

07K1tHnz_o.png