My poor old eyes -or- Can I increase the font size on all chat bubbles?

Zep

I'm on a 56' 4k monitor.

I can increase the UI scale. The font size for in game chat - how do I increase font size on all dialog bubbles? Hurts my eyes trying to read them - NPC and other players alike.

I get 4k was not a thing 7 years ago -- any fixes?

Thanks,

Zep

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

You can!  Go to Menu>Options>Windows and scroll down to the "Chat" section.  The third option is a slider for chat size.  Don't forget to save your options at the bottom of the Windows section so you can load them easily on new characters.  :)

Thanks for tying. If you can find something I would be very happy.

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

Same issue here. My TV is across the room and every time there is a dialog box, tool tip, etc. I have to get up and walk across the room to read it! Would be super psyched if somebody found a way to increase the font on those!!!

Thanks you.

Chat bubbles seem to be the one thing that cant be scaled with those commands. :(

What I do as a standard routine is to create a new tab in my chat box, and when adding the channel, I double click 'NPC Dialog' which automatically calls the chat tab by that name.  Then I also add in Cutscene Captions. 

Doing it this way you can increase the size of the font and not miss what is said in the balloon because of the short duration in which it shows (which happens to me when too close to walls, such as in cave tunnels and whatnot). 

Therefore I can, at my leisure, see what was said and not worry if I'm going to miss the NPC's dialogue.

Anyways, I hope that this helps, too.

That is helpful. I was thinking along those lines myself.

I suspect the chat bubbles are part of the 3d rendered world and not part of the 2d user interface - thus no scaling is to be found, at least not in UI options.

I think the chat bubbles and mission/way point targets with distance are part of the 3d rendering and not the 2d hub - if so new code will need to be added to adjust the size, as both plus the mission text on the compass are painfully small for me when trying to read them.

I really like the look of the game at 4k --- the attention to detail from the original team really shows. Not to say 1k/4k textures would not be welcome - added sharpness and quality is always nice.

I've read about a lot of work with using AI to upscale textures with impressive results. Makes me wish I had the knowledge/time to get busy with that.

I am willing to run my computer overnight ryzen 1800x/64 gb/1080 ti, if someone has a vm with projects like that needing CPU/GPU time....