Mind/Emp Incarnate decisions

qwerty1971

My first lvl 50 after return is a Mind Control/Emp/Psi Mastery controller.  She does not do the confuse route but does have Dominate built for procs. Not too sure about this incarnate stuff. The guide reads like the tax code to folks new to the incarnate system. Anyway, I was thinking of going the Nerve route for my Alpha. Not sure if this is a good idea, not too much exposure to the +lvl 50 content. No clue what to do for the Judgement and Interface that I also have unlocked. Any advice would be appreciated. 

It really sort of depends. I don’t have loads of experience with the Mind primary or how procs work with specifically Dominate.

My gut says to go with Spiritual for your Alpha if that won’t affect your proc math (I’m dumb when it comes to understanding proc math, y’all) or Vigor if it will. Spiritual boosts recharge AND healing. Vigor will just boost your healing, accurate, and end reduction.

For your interface, I would choose Diamagnetic. It reduces the enemy chance to hit your allies, so you’d be giving out extra support for your people as well as helping yourself survive a little better.

For your Judgment power it really doesn’t matter. Just pick whatever nuke you think looks coolest or hits things the way you like to target the things and you’ll be fine. I like Pyronic just because it fires off extremely fast, but there is a lot of love for Ionic because it hits more targets.

I cry a little bit when I see "Does not do the Confuse route".

Confuse, is frickin' AWESOME.  Confuse = completely free hits on the confused mob, and it's not hard to keep a mob perma-confused. Plus, the confused mob will help your team fight.  "But you lose xp", not really.  If the confused mob does 100% of the damage to an enemy and kills it solo, then and ONLY then, do you not get exp.  If people deal at least ONE SINGLE hp of damage to the target before the confused mob kills it, you get like 50% of the exp you would have gotten if your team killed it outright.  And the Exp you get scales up the more damage your team does to it.  And you kill FASTER (and safer).   It's not about XP per kill, it's XP per TIME. 

Levelling, Confuse is great.

At 50?  Confuse a Sapper.  Watch and giggle as it saps the Malta Zues Titan instead of your friends.

Same with Carnie Ring mistresses. They'll toss their Mark of Vitae on an enemy, not you or a teammate.

Rikti Guardians?  They'll bubble you and give you Accelerated Metabolism.

Knives of Artemis?  Their caltrops instantly stop hurting you and start hurting and slowing them, and they run away all slowly and it's free hits baby.

Mass Confuse is every bit as good. 

a) stacked with regular confuse, it's a one-two-whammy to confuse any boss.

b) one cast and your squishes are safe to alpha strike whatever. 

c) just got jumped from behind?  Mass Confuse / Terror, they're all beating each other up, you've damaged all of them, group will get plenty of exp for the kills without turning to focus on them.

And with good +Recharge, yes it possible to Confuse EB's and even AV's.   It's rare that you would need to, true, but i've saved groups where we didn't have a tank and the big bad would whomp down the squishes too fast.  Popped Hasten, got good confuse rotation going while the rest held back and sure enough, confused, then everyone UNLOADED on it during free hit and we wins.   Most of the time though, for EB's /  AV's, you're better of with Hasten, Dominate (with Lockdown proc), Mass Domination (with Lockdown proc), and Telekneisis to rapidly dump mags of Hold.

My main is a Mind/Kin/Psi. 

For Mind, I took every power. Every last one of them.  And use them all.  Not in every fight, the right tool for the right job. 

For Kin I skipped Siphon Power and Inertial Reduction. Took everything else. 

He's a blast to play.

Edited by MTeague