Looking for input on Plant/Psi (no build yet, just analysis)

Lazarillo

So back in the day, one of the very first villains I ever created was a Plant/Psi Dominator.  I'm looking at trying to build him again, but so much has changed with Psi Assault, especially, that I'm not sure what are "best practices" these days.  I've put together a few thoughts, and a few questions, and would be glad for some feedback on them.

Plant Control

1. Strangler, Seeds, Vines, Creepers, and Fly Trap all seem like clear "yes absolutely take these" choices.
  2. I feel like I should probably take Roots.  Seems like a good power for an AotD set and thus, more Recharge, and it could be handy to prevent post-Seeds scattering.  Maybe pick it up somewhere in the 20s.
  3. Spore Burst seems like a clear skip.  Entangle also I figure isn't worthwhile because I've got plenty of other, better ranged attacks I could take.
  4. Spirit Tree I'm also thinking is a skip, just because while I can be handy for some builds, in this case, I've got Drain Psyche.

Psionic Assault

1. Drain Psyche and Psychic Shockwave remain bread-and-butter type powers, as far as I'm aware.
  2. Building off those is the general "After Seeds, I want to close to and stay in melee if I can" strategy, so Mind Probe and TK Thrust are both good choices.  TK will probably get Overwhelming Force slotted in.
  3. In addition, a ranged chain is probably not a bad idea.  Options are for Psi Dart, Mental Blast, Subdue, and Psi Lance.  I figure I don't need to use all of them, but three out of four are probably a good idea.  "Skipping" Psi Dart would just mean dropping it from my tray and not slotting it...according to the latest Mids', even with the buffs it got, it's still slightly weaker than the others, but maybe not so much that it's worth sacrificing another power pick?  Psi Lance seems like the next-weakest, but only without any To-Hit Buffs.  That could change, potentially, depending on teammates or just taking Tactics (see below).
  4. Also a little unsure on Psychic Scream.  I remember it not being popular before, but when I look in Mids', it actually looks stronger than Shockwave these days?  Of course, it's also a bit slow and requires hanging back...if I'm not "safe" hanging out in melee I'm not sure I'm safe tossing around damage cones either.  This may be misleading but I may be missing something.

Power Pools

1. Teleport will definitely be a travel power because the character's concept sorta ties him to the Malta Group.  Similarly, Stealth feels appropriate (though not an absolute pick) and useful.  Will also be dipping into Speed for Hasten.
  2. This leaves me one, maybe two potential pools.  Any recommendations here?  Is it worth dipping into Leadership for Tactics, which will improve hit rates and damage as well on Psi Lance, for example?
  3. Also not sure on what APP would work best.  Again, this is a character who's already villain-aligned conceptually, so Patron Pools are doable.  Fire and Ice APPs don't fit the concept, but anything else could be fair game, I think.

Thoughts/suggestions?

I'd definitely take Strangler, Roots, Seeds of Confusion, and Carrion Creepers.  I strongly prefer taking Vines as a backup big AoE control power.  The pet is pretty good, though I've always skipped it on my Plant/Fire (concept mostly).  Roots is very useful for keeping enemies in one place after dropping Seeds and while creepers does slow and immobilize it's not quite as reliable, and Roots is also IMO the best place for the Ascendancy of the Dominator set.

I'd take Psychic Scream if you want a decent AoE power that will be available to you as you exemplar down.  But it's skippable.  Either way. 

For pools I'd recommend either Leadership (Maneuvers, Tactics, Vengeance) or Fighting (Kick, Tough, Weave).  The former is useful on its own merits and gets you 2 places to slot a luck of the gambler.  The latter is also useful on its own merits, gives you 1 LoTG in weave, and lets you slot the 2 +3% defense IOs in tough if you don't end up taking an epic shield (in which case you can put them there).  Honestly I'd drop the Stealth pool and get your stealth from super speed + stealth IO in sprint, and then take both the fighting and leadership pools. 

For Epic / Patron pools, both Ice and Fire are very good, but if you don't want those Leviathan Mastery is pretty good (Water Spout does a lot of AoE damage) or Mace Mastery for the ever popular scorpion shield if you're going the S/L defense route.  I'd stay far away from Psionic, Primal Forces, and probably Soul as well.