Shield Defence - Active Defence stacking?

metacore

I have seen a number of posts about dbl stacking Active Defence from the Shield Defence power set to give additional Defence Debuff Resistance.
However on my SD Tank and Brute when I have enough recharge so AD is ready to be activated if AD is still running when I click the icon nothing happens. It refuses to activate the power until the current iteration of AD has ended.
I also tried having AD on auto-cast and it just sites there waiting for the current AD to end.

Assuming you have enough recharge is it possible to have AD dbl stacked and if so how do you do it?

AD will stack; I always set any status protection clickie to autofire on my characters.  My thought is that not having Hasten fire the instant it can won't kill me, but not having my mez protection very well can.  I can guarantee it still stacks on Stalkers and Scrappers as of a few weeks ago.

It will double the status protection and the debuff resistance while it's stacked, and it will have some overlap with 2 recharge slotted and no global recharge buffs.  With my current BS/SD scrapper at level 45 I have about 5 seconds of not stacking.   At a guess you may be hitting it either before it's recharged or while another power is queued up to go?

I don't have Mid's in front of me right now but two SO's worth of recharge in AD will give you several seconds of double stacked protection.  Add in a bit of global recharge and you're golden... as I said my 45 BS/SD scrapper gets double protection for all but about 5 seconds (depending on if I have attacks chaining too constantly for it to autofire right away).

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

Its weird then as on my SD Brute I have AD on Auto but even just standing out of combat it will never fire off until the current AD expires.
From memory I have a ~4 sec overlap (AD recharges in ~1:56) and AD has a 2:00 duration.
I'll double check when I get home as maybe Im missing something?