Katana/DA Brute Noob Help

Thermidor_13

Has anyone tried this combo, and do they have any pointers? I heard that power sets that have a fast recharge are pretty good on Brutes for generating fury, and that DA has some good resists in the end. But I can't find anyone playing a katana Brute.

Another question; how good are the Leadership pool powers on Brutes? They seem like they are very strong, but do they need to be paired with a less END-heavy secondary, like Elec or something?

Thanks!

I think the lack of katana brutes is more a conceptual thing; it’s generally considered a more elegant weapon. It should work fine with parry stacking with the da -to hit.  I was selfish and went fighting pool, but the endurance isn’t a big issue once you address it with incarnates or set bonuses.

Katana has great synergy with DA because its -def allows Death Shroud, Oppressive Gloom and most specially Cloak of Fear hit more enemies and more often thus boosting your survivability and upping your mdg output. I'd go Fighting Pool because tough will Stack neatly with your Dark Embrace for S/L res and Weave grants more def for less end usage than Maneuvers. Also, said -def effect makes to hit buffs such as Tactics less useful.

I just hit 50 with my Kat/DA brute and slotted him up. This is the build as I am playing it now, I got the basics from a member of my SG and tweaked it a  bit for my tastes. But over all I find the combo to be pretty nice. I always avoided DA because of how people complained about the end use on it. But frankly the way this one is built here, my end really never drops bellow the word "menu" on the character info bar unless I hit the Heal which is a big hit end wise but nothing that puts me in trouble and I get it back within a few seconds. I was even soloing +3/8 Carnies with it tonight (no incarnates slotted yet) and even in the hudle of dying carnies stealing my end it was staying strong. 

Villain Plan by Mids' Villain Designer 1.962
http://www.cohplanner.com/

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Shadowy Kutz: Level 50 Mutation Brute
Primary Power Set: Katana
Secondary Power Set: Dark Armor
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Flight
Ancillary Pool: Energy Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Sting of the Wasp -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(3), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(13), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(42), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(43)
Level 1: Dark Embrace -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(3), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(15), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(37), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(42), UnbGrd-ResDam(43)
Level 2: Death Shroud -- SprBrtFur-Rech/Fury(A), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprBrtFur-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), SprBrtFur-Dmg/Rchg(40), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg(43)
Level 4: Murky Cloud -- GldArm-ResDam(A), GldArm-End/Res(5), GldArm-3defTpProc(17), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(37), StdPrt-ResKB(45)
Level 6: Flashing Steel -- SprUnrFur-Rchg/+Regen/+End(A), SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7), SprUnrFur-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19), SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), SprUnrFur-Dmg/Rchg(40), SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg(45)
Level 8: Divine Avalanche -- FcsSmt-Acc/Dmg(A), FcsSmt-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(9), FcsSmt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), FcsSmt-Dmg/Rchg(39)
Level 10: Obsidian Shield -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(11), Ags-EndRdx/Rchg(23), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(39), Ags-ResDam(40)
Level 12: Super Jump -- BlsoftheZ-Travel(A), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(50)
Level 14: Boxing -- Acc-I(A)
Level 16: Dark Regeneration -- TchoftheN-Acc/EndRdx/Heal/HP/Regen(A), TchoftheN-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(17), TchoftheN-Heal/HP/Regen/Rchg(25)
Level 18: The Lotus Drops -- Erd-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), Erd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19), Erd-Dmg/Rchg(27), ClvBlo-Acc/Dmg(34), ClvBlo-Dmg/Rchg(46), ClvBlo-Dmg/EndRdx(46)
Level 20: Tough -- RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(A), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(21), RctArm-ResDam(29), RctArm-EndRdx(34)
Level 22: Cloak of Darkness -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), RedFrt-EndRdx(23), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(29), RedFrt-Def(45)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(25), RedFrt-Def(31), RedFrt-EndRdx(31)
Level 26: Maneuvers -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(27), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(31), Rct-Def/Rchg(48), Rct-ResDam%(50)
Level 28: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(50)
Level 30: Tactics -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 32: Golden Dragonfly -- Erd-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), Erd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), Erd-Acc/Rchg(33), ClvBlo-Acc/Dmg(33), ClvBlo-Dmg/EndRdx(46), ClvBlo-Dmg/Rchg(48)
Level 35: Oppressive Gloom -- AbsAmz-Stun(A), AbsAmz-Stun/Rchg(36), AbsAmz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(36), AbsAmz-Acc/Rchg(36), AbsAmz-EndRdx/Stun(48)
Level 38: Superior Conditioning -- EndMod-I(A)
Level 41: Physical Perfection -- PrfShf-End%(A), EndMod-I(42)
Level 44: Build Up -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 47: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)
Level 49: Hover -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Fury 
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(7), Mrc-Rcvry+(9)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod-I(A), EndMod-I(11), PrfShf-End%(13)
------------

On 10/24/2019 at 11:30 PM, QuiJon said:

I always avoided DA because of how people complained about the end use on it. But frankly the way this one is built here, my end really never drops bellow the word "menu" on the character info bar unless I hit the Heal which is a big hit end wise but nothing that puts me in trouble and I get it back within a few seconds. I was even soloing +3/8 Carnies with it tonight (no incarnates slotted yet) and even in the hudle of dying carnies stealing my end it was staying strong. 

Murky Cloud provides EndDrain Resistance, which helps versus Carnies.

Dark Armor's high end costs come from spamming the heal (33 end base) and running Cloak of Fear - Coupled with attacks, and not slotting appropriately, it'll kill anyone's bar.

Death is the best debuff.

On 11/1/2019 at 2:00 PM, Eran Rist said:

Murky Cloud provides EndDrain Resistance, which helps versus Carnies.

Dark Armor's high end costs come from spamming the heal (33 end base) and running Cloak of Fear - Coupled with attacks, and not slotting appropriately, it'll kill anyone's bar.

Well and that is just it, I find cloak of fear to be completely unneeded. I can run OG and get better mitigation and the fast recharge on the heal makes it pretty easy to keep my HPs up and without COF running I am recovering end faster really then I am using it.