Black Screen of Death

Solarverse

This started yesterday night. Before yesterday night this has never been an issue. Only happens when playing this game. Happened 3 times today, and once last night. Anyone else getting this or should I consider internal issues?

Okay, for any of you following this, I found two things. First, I found this...

svchost (5096,R,98) TILEREPOSITORYS-1-5-18: Error -1023 (0xfffffc01) occurred while opening logfile C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\TileDataLayer\Database\EDB.log.

I was able to fix this by creating the folder that was missing.

The second issues I found, which is the actual cause of my PC crashing during game play was this...

The device driver for the Trusted Platform Module (TPM) encountered a non-recoverable error in the TPM hardware, which prevents TPM services (such as data encryption) from being used. For further help, please contact the computer manufacturer.

This one I am having a much harder time with. Seems some Windows Update has created this issue, but I can't find a fix for it. This only happens on some systems, not all of them...my system is the unlucky one. I have a DX79TO Motherboard by Intel.

Still hoping somebody knows something that I don't.

Also, I should have put this in the help section and I failed to do so. Can a Moderator please move this to the correct section?

This started off as a "Have any of you been having this problem?" issue, but since I have figured out the problem, I think the best place for this would be the help section. Thank you.

4 minutes ago, Solarverse said:

Okay, for any of you following this, I found two things. First, I found this...

svchost (5096,R,98) TILEREPOSITORYS-1-5-18: Error -1023 (0xfffffc01) occurred while opening logfile C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\TileDataLayer\Database\EDB.log.

I was able to fix this by creating the folder that was missing.

The second issues I found, which is the actual cause of my PC crashing during game play was this...

The device driver for the Trusted Platform Module (TPM) encountered a non-recoverable error in the TPM hardware, which prevents TPM services (such as data encryption) from being used. For further help, please contact the computer manufacturer.

This one I am having a much harder time with. Seems some Windows Update has created this issue, but I can't find a fix for it. This only happens on some systems, not all of them...my system is the unlucky one. I have a DX79TO Motherboard by Intel.

Still hoping somebody knows something that I don't.

The only thing the TPM is used for while windows is running is hard drive encryption, the 1903 release of Windows made some changes to bitlocker (the built in windows drive encryption) so do you have Bitlocker enabled on your drive?  if not I would suggest you have an actual failure in the TPM chip on your motherboard,  you may be able to disable it in BIOS, though that may break windows (if it does just turn it back on in BIOS)

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!