Solarverse's SFX Consolidated List of Mods

Thanks to @The Philotic Knight we now have an extremely useful and easy way to download all of the below mods and much much more from members all over the community! If you prefer to download manually, that's fine, however, all of the latest mods and latest versions of my Mods will be on that Mod Tool that The Philotic Knight has created and is ready for download! From here on out, all of my Mods will be available on the Mod Tool which acts a lot like Vortex for Nexus Mods...except better, because all the mods are right there for you to choose from! You don't have to manually seek them out since they are built right in to the Mod Tool! You can find his fantastic tool ON THIS PAGE RIGHT HERE! Hope you all enjoy, because that's what it's all about! And last but most certainly not least, PLEASE spread the word! Not everyone visits the forums and I would like everyone to have the opportunity to utilize the mods made by this community...so SPREAD THE WORD!  🙂

The CoH Modder Tool no longer exists. The New Tool Being Used can be

Found At The Link Below called City Mod Installer.

The Video Tutorial will remain since it uses the same format as City Mod.

https://mods.cityofheroes.dev/

Please Note

If you are using the Homecoming Launcher then your destination for the Mods

should be in the Homecoming folder so that when it creates the Data folder it will

look like Homecoming/Data, otherwise the Data Folder will end up in

CoH\Data or City of Heroes\Data and will not work. If you are not using the

Homecoming Launcher, then the directory will go within the CoH folder as usual,

so it would look like CoH/Data or City of Heroes/Data.

WARNING!!!

These SFX Mods are designed for the Game to play back only! City of Heroes plays back the volume at a much different level than the actual file has them set to. In the event that you wish to play them back manually, NEVER play back these sound files in any way without first turning the volume down on your Laptop/PC. The game plays back volumes at a far lower level than your PC/Laptop will, and if you play back the files without first turning down your volume, you can possibly cause damage to your speakers!

So I have been posting Mods on the Guide forums, but these mods belong here. So I will be posting all future and current Mods on this Thread from here on out. Here is what we have so far.

• New Beam Rifle SFX Mod: Heavier and deeper SFX for your Beam Rifle. This Mod makes you feel like your attacks hit very hard and with authority.
  • Dual Wield Star Wars SFX Mod: Now your Dual Wield Pistols will sound like Blasters straight out of Star Wars!
  • Original Peacebringer SFX Mod: The once iconic Peacebringer "Hum" sound effect has been returned to your attack powers!
  • City of Heroes Theme Remake Mod: This mod takes the Login and Character Creation theme music and has updated it to fit the powerful Symphonies we hear in Movies!
  • Atlas Plaza Music Theme Remake Mod: This mod is a remake and (in my opinion) a huge improvement of the original Atlas Plaza theme!
  • New and Quieter Lightning Field SFX: This mod is for the folks who hate the current SFX for Lightning Field. It is much quieter and still retains an appealing SFX!
  • New Lightning Primary SFX: This mod makes the Lightning Primary sound like it should...like it really packs a punch!
  • Soul Mage Strikes Mod for Kinetic Melee: This mod makes your Kinetic Melee sound like you are a Soul Mage fighting with Melee Magic!
  • Female Panther and Male Lion Growl Taunt Mod: This mod changes your female and male Taunt to a Panther Roar for females and a Lion Roar for males!
  • Transformers Bot MM Mod: This mod turns your Bots MM and your pets into G1 Transformers...well, at least it will sound like you are!
  • Psionic Blast SFX Mod: This mod gets rid of the wobble effect from Psionic Blast and gives it a brand new updated and modern sound effect!
  • Archery Primary SFX ModThis mod changes the SFX of Archery into a more recognizable and popular SFX most often used in movies and T.V. shows!
  • Force Field SFX Mod: This mod gives Force Field a deeper tone with a bit of spice rather than the current squeaky door we have today!
  • Flight and Recharging SFX Mod: This mod gives flight a more realistic SFX and changes the sound made when you click a power that is still recharging
  • Glowie SFX Change: This is a Mod provided by Uri Hero that changes the glowie SFX to a repeated ping instead!
  • Katana/Ninja Blade/ Dual Blade Lightsaber SFX Mod Part 1: Changes your Katana/Ninja Blade/Dual Blades into Lightsabers! (Requires part 1 and part 2 to work correctly)
  • Lightsaber Mod Part 2: This is part 2 to the Lightsaber mod above. {This mod requires both files to work correctly)
  • Terminator Plasma Rifle SFX for Beam Rifle: Changes the Beam Rifle in to a Plasma Rifle! Exclusively on @The Philotic Knight 's CoH Modder Tool!
  • Stalker Original SFX Mod: Adds in the spook sound effect to Spines, Dark, Electric and Claws Assassin's Strike abilities. Available on the CoH Modder Tool!
  • Slight Claws Adjustments Mod: Gives Eviscerate the same sound effect as Ripper! Available on the CoH Modder Tool!
  • Repel Less Annoying SFX Mod: Gives Repel a powerful, yet less annoying SFX! I personally enjoy it so much that I kept it myself!
  • Leadership Pool New SFX Mod: I always felt that the Leadership SFX had a bit of a silly sound effect, now it sounds more like a power instead of silly trumpets!
  • Original Ice Hit SFX Mod!: Gives Ice Powers the Original Hit SFX, it doubles up on the Ice Crackle Sound, it sounds like it did pre i5!
  • Energy Melee Bone Smasher Mod: Gives Bone Smasher the same hard hitting SFX the other abilities have while maintaining the SFX it already has!
  • Claws Out SFX Mod: Gives Claws Out a much better and realistic sound effect!
  • Banshee-Themed Sonic Attack SFX Mod: This mod created by @AboveTheChemist gives Sonic Attack a very realistic Banshee sound effect that honors the Sonic Attack name!
  • OG Male Taunt SFX Mod: This mod brings back the original Male Taunt that was removed when the game went free to play! Enjoy the nostalgia! Special thanks to @The Philotic Knight for locating this sound bite!
  • Mercs Terminator SFX Mod: Much like the Terminator Plasma Rifle SFX for Beam Rifle, this mod turns your mercenaries into soldiers of the future, here to Terminate Sarah...errrr...to be your protectors! Now includes Assault Rifle!
  • Hasten Option SFX Mod: By request, this is an optional sound effect for Hasten that is a bit quieter and easier on the ears!
  • Aggressive Savage Melee: Gives Savage Melee a more aggressive sound effect that makes it sound like you actually strike hard! (This mod also affects Beast Mastery, suggested use only while playing Savage Melee.) Available on the CoH Modd Tool!
  • The Matrix Rave Pocket D Music Mod This takes several songs from THE Matrix trilogy and replaces the music you hear in Pocket D.
  • Powers Recharging Less Annoying: Gives recharge an appealing, yet less annoying sound effect.
  • No Fade Orbiting Death: Orbiting Death SFX has now been added to Penumbral Shield to give the illusion that your Orbiting Death SFX does not fade.
  • Jacob's Ladder SFX Booster: Puts a much better and harder hitting SFX to Jacob's Ladder. It has a more intense charge up and a much better hit.
  • Heartbeat Energy and Endurance Crash: Now, instead of a loud crashing sound, you hear a heavy heartbeat when your endurance gets so low that your powers detoggle. The Heartbeat is faster if you try and activate a power when you do not have enough endurance.
  • Frozen Foot Stomp: Gives Frozen Aura that same SMASH you hear in Foot Stomp....only this Foot Stomp comes with an Icy Crackle!
  • Foot Stomp Fault: Gives Fault from Stone Melee that special Foot Stomp pizazz!
  • Dark Control Slight Alteration: Turn your Beast into a real sounding Shadow Beast with new SFX for the attacks as well as no more barking but devilish hound growls instead! Also included are Dark Melee sounds for your Haunt Ghosts!
  • Massive Throw for Bitter Ice Blast: A Mod by @Zedthat adds some surround effect so it feels like you're throwing something bigger.
  • F-16 Sonic Boom for Shout: @Zed brings us a mod that causes you to break the sound barrier with Sonic power - more then once. From a real F-16 sonic boom sound effect.
  • NA Regrowth Alt SFX: @Zed brings forth a mod that brings back the sound used during beta stage. Soothing birds and butterflies!
  • Psionic Melee New SFX: Ever felt the original sounds were a little 8-bit-ish ? I got you ! More like an attempt, I'm sure there's room for a lot of improvement on this one. Mod by @Zed!
  • Staff Fighting Blunt Sounds: @Zed brings us a mod that is the sound pack used during beta stage. More BAM BAM BAM CRAAAAAASH than peep peep peep sweeeep.
  • Supercharged Elec Control: @Zed brings forth a Powerful SFX set for Electric Control. Partially based on Powerful Electricity mod (thx @Lithobraker!)
  • Power Rad Blast: Rad Blast is no longer the boring power it once was, now, a new more powerful version of Rad Blast can be your new experience! Link to video in the name! Available on the CoH Modder Tool!
  • Soul Mage Energy Aura SFX Mod: Designed to go with the Kinetic Melee Soul Mage Mod, this mod converts your Energy Shields in to Shields spell crafted by a Soul Mage! Spooky and terrifying is deliberate!
  • Energy Transfer Original SFX: With the new and upcoming changes to Energy Transfer, it only made sense to bring back the original Energy Transfer sound effects! Now available on the CoH Modder Tool!
  • Banshee Sonic Blast Custom SFX: A brand new custom SFX for anyone who wants to Scream! This is a gender neutral Banshee Themed SFX Mod that utilizes both male and female banshe screams as they are the screams of taken souls of all mortals! Available on the CoH Modder Tool!
  • Original Thermal Radiation: Brings back the original Thermal, Empathy and Pain Domination AoE stacked healing effects. It places those stacked healing effects on your power since the hit file no longer works. It does not work exactly like it did before, but it's the best we can hope for until the Devs hopefully bring all those codes back to do it the right way. Please support my thread to bring back those codes, thread can be found in my sig!
  • Fireblast Screaming from Hell: Gives Fireblast powers a unique sound that lets your blasts scream through the air!
  • Demon Summoning Devil's Choir: Adds Choral Symphony Orchestra (think Omen the Movie music) to the summoning abilities of your Demon Master Mind pets!
  • Symphony Control Mod: Gives Symphony Control a Sound Effect that actually sounds like Symphony Control and not...whatever that noise is.

NEW IMPROVEMENTS NOW AVAILABLE

Updated Mods listed with current versions

If your version does not match, please update to the latest version

If you are happy with what you have, ignore and keep what you have.

Aggressive Savage Melee (v10)

Banshee Sonic Blast Custom SFX (v11)

Dark Control Slight Alteration (v6)

Energy Transfer Original SFX (v6)

Fireblast Screaming from Hell (v7)

Flight Realistic SFX Mod (v4)

Foot Stomp Fault Mod (v5)

Frozen Foot Stomp SFX Mod (v5)

Hasten Optional SFX (v2)

Heartbeat Energy and Endurance Crash Mod (v2)

Ice OG SFX Mod (v6)

Jacobs Ladder SFX Boost Mod (v4)

Kinetic Melee Soul Mage Mod (v3)

Lightning Improved SFX Mod (v11)

Merc Terminator SFX Mod (v10)

No Fade Orbiting Death SFX Mod (v3)

OG Male Taunt (v2)

Original Thermal Radiation (v11)

Power Rad Blast (v32)

Psionic Blast Movie SFX Mod (v9)

Slight Claws Adjustments Mod (v4)

Soul Mage Energy Aura (v6)

Staff Mastery Hard Hitting SFX (v2)

Stalker OG Sound Effects (v2)

Star Wars Blaster SFX Mod (v3)

Teleport SFX Mod (v8)

Terminator Plasma Rifle SFX for Beam Rifle (v6)

The Matrix Rave Pocket D Music Mod (v4)

All other Mods are still (v1) with no updates.

Tutorial on how to create your own customized mods.

Edited by Solarverse
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 4

WARNING!!!

These SFX Mods are designed for the Game to play back only! City of Heroes plays back the volume at a much different level than the actual file has them set to. In the event that you wish to play them back manually, NEVER play back these sound files in any way without first turning the volume down on your Laptop/PC. The game plays back volumes at a far lower level than your PC/Laptop will, and if you play back the files without first turning down your volume, you can possibly cause damage to your speakers!

CoH Remake Theme!

(Detailed Explanation)

As some of you may remember, a while back I introduced to you my cover version of the City of Heroes Theme. I basically updated the theme to fit today's times. I got a lot of positive feedback on the rewritten song and I recall at least one player asking if it could be implemented into the character select and creation screen. I never expected that to happen due to the fact that I am sure not everyone would want to use any other song other than what is already there. However, after my recent times creating mods for the community, I decided to turn this into a usable mod for the community if any of you so chose to add it in. Here is the video below for the very song in the mod so that you may take it for a spin before committing to adding it as a mod.

If you have enjoyed what you heard and would like to add it to your City of Heroes experience upon character creation, then instructions for the file is below. The mod is in the attached file at the bottom of this post. The last file name is different from the file name in my Powers Mods, so be sure to check out the new path in the instructions below. And as always...Enjoy!

Instructions (Destructions?)

• First, unzip the file beneath the instructions and open the folder.
  • Find your City of Heroes folder and open it up.

(If you see a Data Folder)

• Open the Data Folder.
  • Open the Sound Folder
  • Open the Ogg Folder
  • Open the Frontend Folder
  • Copy file from opened Zip file and drag it to the Frontend Folder
  • Close all folders and restart game

(If you do not have a Data Folder or any other folder mentioned above!)

• Inside the City of Heroes Folder...
  • Create a Folder and name it Data
  • Open the Data Folder and create another folder and name it Sound
  • Open the Sound Folder and create yet another folder and name it Ogg
  • Open the Ogg Folder and you've guessed it, create a folder and name it Frontend
  • Copy the file from the opened Zip file that I have provided and drag the file to the Frontend Folder

If you have some of the folders mentioned above, but some folders are missing, then create the missing folders and place them in order of how they are listed above. Once finished, copy and drag the file from the Zip folder below and place the file inside the Frontend Folder. Then close the City of Heroes Folder and restart the game.

Zip file is below. Enjoy!

City of Heroes Remake Theme.zip

Edited by Solarverse
  • Like 4

WARNING!!!

Reverse the PB Sound Effect that was Recently Removed!

(Detailed Explanation)

Note: The zip file has been updated as of 3/20/2020

For starters, this is the "Hum" sound effect that was recently removed from the attack powers of the Peace Bringers. I was successful in undoing what was changed for those of you who were not too happy about the Sound Effect change, and created files to help you return the old Peace Bringer Sound Effects and set them up for your personal convenience. All "Hum" sound effects are now back where they were prior to the removal of the PB Sound Effects, with two minor alterations.

Now, this mod is not absolutely perfect, but it is very close. The Point Blank AoE's do not activate the Hum upon casting of the AoE powers, but rather require targets to be hit in order to hear the "Hum" sound effect produced by the two PBAoE powers. The reason behind this is because I only had the "Hit" files for those two powers, and not the "Attack" files. I am sure the attack files exist and if I ever find them, I will add those as well, but I could not locate them nor could I locate the sound bite for them; so the "Hum" effect is tied in to the "Hit" file instead. As long as you hit targets with your PBAoE, you will be none the wiser and it will produce the sound effect you have come to know and love. However, when standing alone and using the PBAoEs without hitting any NPC's, it will produce the same Sound Effect you currently experience in game today.

All of the other attacks work just as they did prior to the removal of the sound effects and have been successfully returned. You will be the only person who hears this, people around you will not hear the "Hum" sound effect. However, you will hear them not only from yourself, but from other players who are playing Peace Bringers as well; even though the other players will not.

• Open the Data Folder.
  • Open the Sound Folder
  • Open the Ogg Folder
  • Open the Powers Folder
  • Copy all files from opened Zip file and drag them to the Powers Folder

• Open the Ogg Folder and you've guessed it, create a folder and name it Powers
  • Copy all files from the opened Zip file that I have provided and drag all of the files to the Powers Folder

If you have some of the folders mentioned above, but some folders are missing, then create the missing folders and place them in order of how they are listed above. Once finished, copy and drag the files from the Zip folder below and place them inside the Powers Folder. Then close the City of Heroes Folder and restart the game.

Zip file and preview below. Enjoy!

OG Peacebringer.zip

Edited by Solarverse
  • Like 4

WARNING!!!

New Beam Rifle Sound Effects!

(Detailed Explanation)

Edit: Modified the Aim SFX as of 3/22/2020

Edit: Modified Overcharge Hit SFX 3/22/2020

Edit: Modified All SFX Volumes 3/23/2020

I have personally never liked the sound effects for Beam Rifle. I have tried out another mod, and although it was a huge improvement over the original and I do believe that would be the better mod for some players; depending on taste, it just wasn't quite for me. So I did a little searching for sound bites and did a little mixing to come up with this new Sound Mod for Beam Rifle.

These sounds have more of a thump to them rather than a buzz (if that makes any sense) with a bit more bass, giving them a heavy hitting sound effect that makes me personally feel like my shots are hitting very hard. The longer animated abilities no longer have a continuous beam sound, but rather a rapid fire sound. I know it is not a rapid fire animation, but after trying it out, I find that it somehow works. I went to great lengths to time the sound effects to fit the animations and for those of you who prefer a hard hitting beefy sound, this sound effects zip file may be just what you were waiting for.

Just like my Peace Bringer Sound Effects "Hum" Mod, I have copied and pasted the instructions on how to install below. The Zip file is at the bottom of this thread. Enjoy!

• Open the Data Folder.
  • Open the Sound Folder
  • Open the Ogg Folder
  • Open the Powers Folder

• Copy all files from the opened Zip file that I have provided and drag all of the files to the Powers Folder

If you have some of the folders mentioned above, but some folders are missing, then create the missing folders and place them in order of how they are listed above. Once finished, copy and drag the files from the Zip folder below and place them inside the Powers Folder. Then close the City of Heroes Folder and restart the game.

Zip file and Preview below. Enjoy!

Beam Rifle SFX Mod.zip

Edited by Solarverse
  • Like 4

WARNING!!!

Star Wars Blaster SFX!

(Detailed Explanation)

Modified: (Corrected issue where Bullet Rain SFX had one extra bullet fire that should not have been there.) 3/25/2020

Okay Star Wars fans, here it is! If you want to hear your pistols sound like Blasters from Star Wars, I finally have it completed. This one was not easy at all, especially since I had to time the blaster rapid fire with three different rapid fire sound effects from Dual Wield, but persistence is something I have always been good at! It is now completed and ready for your enjoyment! Enjoy!

• Open the Data Folder.
  • Open the Sound Folder
  • Open the Ogg Folder
  • Open the Powers Folder

Star Wars Dual Wield SFX Mod.zip

Edited by Solarverse
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

WARNING!!!

New Improved (in my opinion) Atlas Plaza Music Mod!

(Detailed Explanation)

This is a mod to replace the music you hear when you approach the Atlas Statue in Atlas Plaza. This is an updated version of the original song that you hear, but with a bit more spirit. I would love to post a video for you guys to see but sadly, for the time being, this is against the EULA. Once that restriction is lifted I'll post a video. In the meantime, you can unzip the file and give it a try before you actually put the mod in. I for one love it and wish there was a way I could share with you guys and gals without you having to unzip the file first, but sadly this isn't an option as of right now. You'll just have to trust me when I say, I think you'll love this new updated version of the song. The path and name of the files wil be a bit different, so please follow the instructions below. If you do not need the instructions but rather only need the directory, then the directory is as follows: Data/Sound/Ogg/N_Music/AtlasPark and then just drop the Mod into that folder. Theme Preview and Specific instructions are below.

• Open the Data Folder.
  • Open the Sound Folder
  • Open the Ogg Folder
  • Open the N_Music Folder
  • Open the AtlasPark Folder
  • Copy the music file from opened Zip file and drag it to the AtlasPark Folder

• Open the Ogg Folder and you've guessed it, create a folder and name it N_Music
  • Open the N_Music File and create another folder and name it AtlasPark
  • Copy the music file from the opened Zip file that I have provided and drag the file to the AtlasPark Folder

If you have some of the folders mentioned above, but some folders are missing, then create the missing folders and place them in order of how they are listed above. Once finished, copy and drag the file from the Zip folder below and place it inside the AtlasPark Folder. Then close the City of Heroes Folder and restart the game.

N_AtlasPlaza.zip

Edited by Solarverse
  • Like 2

WARNING!!!

New Lightning Field Sound Effects!

(Detailed Explanation)

Okay folks, this one is for you! I personally never had an issue with the SFX for Lightning Field, I actually loved the Sounds from that the toggle power, but I have seen a few threads pop up as of late from players who hate it and asked for an option to turn it off or not have to hear it from other players who are using it. So, since I was already working on the Elec Primary powers for a more powerful sounding Primary, I decided while I was at it I would make this one for that one power players hate on the secondary as well.

This mod gives Lightning Field a new sound effect that is much quieter and easier on the ears, while at the same time it is also an appealing sound to listen to. This sound is not deafening and should help those of you who hate the current sound effects. For those of you who just want to try out something different, I think you'll like it as well. I personally like it so much that I am still currently using it even after the testing phase. The instructions are below, hope you enjoy!

Instructions

• Open the Data Folder.
  • Open the Sound Folder
  • Open the Ogg Folder
  • Open the Powers Folder

Edit: The Devs have made Lightning Field Silent, so the only thing that has changed is the charge-up sound of Lightning Field. Sorry, when they make sounds fade or make them not play at all, I cannot reverse that in most cases.

QuietLightning.zip

Edited by Solarverse
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WARNING!!!

New Lightning Ranged Attacks Sound Effects!

(Detailed Explanation)

This is a Mod that gives your Lightning ranged attacks the feel of more power! I always felt like there should be more boom for your buck, I mean, after all, lightning is crackling through the air emanating from your fists, so they should at least sound like they are as powerful as a bolt of lightning! So here it is! (Quick Note: All powers were changed with the exception of the Snipe Ability. Only the charge up for the snipe could be adjusted, the file for the actual attack could not be located and I suspect snipe attack files are server side only. If anyone locates the file, please let me know and I will change it as well, but the charge up for it alone is for sure worth it!) Enjoy!

Instructions

• Open the Data Folder.
  • Open the Sound Folder
  • Open the Ogg Folder
  • Open the Powers Folder

lightningSFX.zip

Edited by Solarverse
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

WARNING!!!

Soul Mage Strikes SFX Mod for Kinetic Melee!

(Detailed Explanation)

Edit: This file no longer exists.

Please refer to Soul Mage Strikes Second Edition

that is now named
Kinetic Melee Soul Mage Mod

This Mod has been removed permanently.

Kinetic Melee Soul Mage Mod

(Detailed Explanation)

This is a Mod that gives your Kinetic Melee the Sound Effects of dark Soul Magic! I think Kinetic Melee sounds "okay" but this mod really makes the set stand out. It is good for two things. First: Role Players will love this for their Mage themed characters. It sounds a bit on the dark magic side, but can work for both dark magic and light magic alike.  The second: It is for sure different and may spice the set up for anyone who would just like to try something different and flashier.

Instructions

• Open the Data Folder.
  • Open the Sound Folder
  • Open the Ogg Folder
  • Open the Powers Folder

KM_Second_Edition.zip

KineticMelee.zip

Edited by Solarverse
  • Thanks 2

WARNING!!!

New Female (Panther) and Male (Lion) Taunt!

Along with Original Male Taunt that

can be found exclusively

on the CoH Modder Tool!

(Detailed Explanation)

Edited: Adjusted SFX volume for Female Panther Roar Taunt

This is a Mod that gives your Tanks a very new and unique Taunt. Instead of that strange grunting noise, now you can roar like a Panther as a female character or roar like a Lion as a male! This mod sounds really great and is awesome for Role Players and anyone who just wants to give it a try! Instructions on how to apply are below! Enjoy! Special thanks to @Anita (game user name) from our SG The Council of The Rose for helping me out! If not for Anita, this would have taken much longer since players in /general was having too much fun trolling me after asking somebody to help test, lol.

Instructions

• Open the Data Folder.
  • Open the Sound Folder
  • Open the Ogg Folder
  • Open the Player Folder
  • Copy all files from opened Zip file and drag them to the Player Folder

• Open the Ogg Folder and you've guessed it, create a folder and name it Player
  • Copy all files from the opened Zip file that I have provided and drag all of the files to the Player Folder.

If you have some of the folders mentioned above, but some folders are missing, then create the missing folders and place them in order of how they are listed above. Once finished, copy and drag the files from the Zip folder below and place them inside the Player Folder. Then close the City of Heroes Folder and restart the game.

TauntZip.zip

Edited by Solarverse

WARNING!!!

Transformers Mod for Bots MM's

(Detailed Explanation)

Note: There are two different mods that go in two different locations. Both mods work in unity with the other and both will need to be placed in the correct locations.

As per request, this is a Mod that transforms (pun intended) your bots and your Pulse Rifle to SFX from the hit G1 series, Transformers. There is one Easter egg in this Mod that is a Sound ripped from the Transformers Movie! Can you find it? Additionally, patient people will discover a secret surprise...you'll know it when you hear it, but will only hear it if you are "patient."

These sounds have been put in video format so that you may "try it before you buy it" type deal.  🙂

• Open the Data Folder.
  • Open the Sound Folder
  • Open the Ogg Folder
  • For Bot_Transformers_01 File...
  • Open the Powers Folder
  • For the Transformers_Master_Mind File...
  • Open the Enemies Folder
  • Copy all files from opened Zip file and drag them to the assigned Folder listed above.

• For the Bot_Transformers_01 File...
  • Open the Ogg Folder and create a folder and name it Powers
  • For the Transformers_Master_Mind File...
  • Open the Ogg Folder and create a folder and name it Enemies
  • Copy all files from the opened Zip files that I have provided and drag all of the files to the assigned folders that are listed above

If you have some of the folders mentioned above, but some folders are missing, then create the missing folders and place them in order of how they are listed above. Once finished, copy and drag the files from the Zip folder below and place them inside the assigned Folders. Then close the City of Heroes Folder and restart the game.

Bot_Transformers_01.zip

Transformers_Master_Mind.zip

Edited by Solarverse
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WARNING!!!

Flight and Recharge SFX Mods

(Detailed Explanation)

Note: These are two different Mods that require two different paths. Please follow instructions below.

I think we can all agree that the recharging sound effects are just outright annoying to listen to. There's good news! Now you don't have to! This is much quieter and way less annoying to hear. I think your ears will thank you!

Flight is cool, most people I would say love flying in this game! Well now you can have flight sound effects that sound a bit more realistic...even down to the minor detail of the occasional wind gust!

• First, unzip the file or files beneath the instructions and open the folder.

• Open the Data Folder.
  • Open the Sound Folder
  • Open the Ogg Folder
  • (For the Flight Mod) Create a Folder and name it Flight
  • Open the Flight Folder
  • Copy the Flight File from opened Zip file and drag it to the Flight Folder
  • (For the Recharging Mod) Create a Folder and name it frontend
  • Open the frontend Folder
  • Copy the Recharging File from the opened Zip file and drag it to the frontend Folder
  • Close all folders and restart the game

• Open the Ogg Folder and you've guessed it, create a folder and name it frontend for the Recharging Mod, or Flight for the Flight Mod
  • Copy one or both files from the opened Zip file and drag the file to the appropriate folder, frontend for the Recharging Mod and Flight for the Flight Mod

If you have some of the folders mentioned above, but some folders are missing, then create the missing folders and place them in order of how they are listed above. Once finished, copy and drag the files from the Zip folders below and place them inside the destination folders mentioned. Then close the City of Heroes Folder and restart the game.

This is Flight Only, the Recharge Mod is here, but you would have to listen for it throughout the video in its entirety.

Recharge SFX.zip

Flight_SFX.zip

Edited by Solarverse
  • Like 1

WARNING!!!

Psionic Blast SFX Mod

(Detailed Explanation)

Note: There are two different mods that go in two different locations. Both mods work in unity with the other and both will need to be placed in the correct locations.

As per request, this is a Mod that gives Psionic Blast a brand new Sound Effect. The focus on this was to get rid of the "wobble" effect and bring it more in line with a modern SFX for a mental projector.

These sounds have been put in video format so that you may "try it before you buy it" type deal.  🙂

• First, unzip Psionic Blast SFX Mod A and B which is beneath the instructions and open the folder.

• Open the Data Folder.
  • Open the Sound Folder
  • Open the Ogg Folder
  • For the Psionic Blast SFX Mod A
  • Open the Powers Folder
  • For the Psionic Blast SFX Mod B
  • Open the V_Powers Folder
  • Copy all files from opened Zip file and drag them to the assigned Folder listed above.

• For the Psionic Blast SFX Mod A
  • Open the Ogg Folder and create a folder and name it Powers
  • For the Psionic Blast SFX Mod B
  • Open the Ogg Folder and create a folder and name it V_Powers
  • Copy all files from the opened Zip files that I have provided and drag all of the files to the assigned folders that are listed above

If you have some of the folders mentioned above, but some folders are missing, then create the missing folders and place them in order of how they are listed above. Once finished, copy and drag the files from the Zip folder below and place them inside the assigned Folders. Then close the City of Heroes Folder and restart the game.

Psionic Blast Mod A.zip Psionic Blast Mod B.zip

Edited by Solarverse
  • Like 3

WARNING!!!

Archery Primary SFX Mod!

(Detailed Explanation)

This gives Archery a more relatable SFX that is often heard in the theaters. This mod gives the arrows the sound of the "whooshing whistling" sound you hear often in the movies. It also gives some of the Archery abilities that fire multiple arrows and SFX that more resembles what you are shooting.

Instructions

• Open the Data Folder.
  • Open the Sound Folder
  • Open the Ogg Folder
  • Open the Weapons Folder
  • Copy all files from opened Zip file and drag them to the Weapons Folder

• Open the Ogg Folder and you've guessed it, create a folder and name it Weapons
  • Copy all files from the opened Zip file and drag all of the files to the Weapons Folder

If you have some of the folders mentioned above, but some folders are missing, then create the missing folders and place them in order of how they are listed above. Once finished, copy and drag the files from the Zip folder below and place them inside the Weapons Folder. Then close the City of Heroes Folder and restart the game.

Archery_Mod.zip

Edited by Solarverse

WARNING!!!

Force Field SFX Mod!

(Detailed Explanation)

This gives Force Field a brand new SFX that has a unique sound that is out of this world and in my opinion much pleasing to the ear. This mod gives the bubbles a deeper and solid feel rather than the high pitched door squeak sound that they have today. There is a bit of static in the sounds from the video, this is because the volume of the files had to be increased considerably for the game to sue them at a normal volume. In game, they sound pretty good. This SFX Mod also goes very well with the Psionic Mod as the two were designed with each other in mind.

Instructions

• Open the Data Folder.
  • Open the Sound Folder
  • Open the Ogg Folder
  • Open the Powers Folder

• Copy all files from the opened Zip file and drag all of the files to the Powers Folder

It's in the Mercs Terminator Footage

Force_Field_SFX_Mod.zip

Edited by Solarverse

36 minutes ago, Six Six said:

Judging from the many reserved slots, you have a lot planned. look forward to all of them. keep up the awesome work, Mr. Verse 😃

Atlas Plaza Music has been updated in my latest Mod...check it out and tell me what ya think! I am currently working on a video to post so people can check it out. I'll be posting it on the General Forums once finished if you want to wait until then to hear it.  🙂  Thanks for the "addaboy!" 

Hey SV. That's going to be tough because I really really like the original music, especially on headphones. And sadly, it would be an unfair comparison because since my dog chewed my headphones, I can only listen to it through tiny speakers.

I am also quite familiar with sound design and sound production (even worked closely with foley artists); and I can appreciate the hard work and ingenuity you have put in to the mod. Again, awesome job. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Six Six said:

Hey SV. That's going to be tough because I really really like the original music, especially on headphones. And sadly, it would be an unfair comparison because since my dog chewed my headphones, I can only listen to it through tiny speakers.

I am also quite familiar with sound design and sound production (even worked closely with foley artists); and I can appreciate the hard work and ingenuity you have put in to the mod. Again, awesome job. 

Hahaha, it's all good, my man. I always felt like it needed a bit of updating and needed just a tad bit more umph. So it's there as an option. I personally use it and since I am quite fond of it, I am sure others would be too so I shared it for the community. For sure does not mean people *have* to like it or even use it. But those that do, it's there for their enjoyment.  🙂  Thanks for your honestly, Six Six! 

On 3/25/2020 at 1:16 PM, Solarverse said:

Soul Mage Strikes SFX Mod for Kinetic Melee!

(Detailed Explanation)

This is a Mod that gives your Kinetic Melee the Sound Effects of Soul Magic! I think Kinetic Melee sounds "okay" but this mod really makes the set stand out. It is good for two things: Role Players will love this for their Mage themed characters. It sounds a bit on the dark magic side, but can work for both dark magic and light magic alike.  The second: It is for sure different and may spice the set up for anyone who would just like to try something different a flashier.

Instructions

• Open the Data Folder.
  • Open the Sound Folder
  • Open the Ogg Folder
  • Open the Powers Folder

KineticMelee.zip 1.29 MB · 6 downloads

Finally, a Magic sound effect for Spellcasting. 

• Like 3

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

On 3/25/2020 at 1:17 PM, Solarverse said:

New Female (Panther) and Male (Lion) Taunt!

Volume is set to MAXIMUM!!! for the female panther.  Might want to update that so that ears (and speakers) have a 0.1 PPM proc chance of NOT being defeated.

• Haha 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

6 hours ago, Redlynne said:

Volume is set to MAXIMUM!!! for the female panther.  Might want to update that so that ears (and speakers) have a 0.1 PPM proc chance of NOT being defeated.

I'll take a look. I tested it, but tested it using another player since I dont have a female tank. I will get one PLed real quick, grab taunt and configure the sound.

Just now, Solarverse said:

I'll take a look. I tested it, but tested it using another player since I dont have a female tank. I will get one PLed real quick, grab taunt and configure the sound.

I just opened the .ogg file in my web browser and nearly blew out my speakers.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

1 hour ago, Redlynne said:

I just opened the .ogg file in my web browser and nearly blew out my speakers.

The game plays back at a different volume than what your PC plays the same file. NEVER play files back on your PC (In fact, I am adding this warning to the first post) without first turning your sound down. This has a lot to do with the game's internal volume control. If you add a file for the game to play, it will always play the sound so low you can barely hear it. So you have to adjust the volume until the game plays the volume back at a reasonable volume...and there is a fine line there. A very fine line. Because if the volume is not high enough, the other sounds of the game (especially on a team) can easily drown out the volume of your SFX mod. It's frustrating on the creation side to get the sound just right so that the game plays it back at the optimized volume. I can give you a sound bite that has a decent volume on your PC when played through Winamp, and when you attempt to place that same sound bite in your CoH folder, you will barely be able to hear it at all. It's quite frustrating. So yes, for the sake of your speakers, NEVER play the sound back on your Winamp or any other playback device without first turning down your volume.

Edited by Solarverse
  • Like 1