MMs & hybrid

Just now, TheSpiritFox said:

please make assault hybrid echo buffs onto pets when they enter supremacy range and buff all their attacks. thank you

I earnestly don't think there's a way to do that without retooling the AI and handing them an unlockable copy of Assault Hybrid.

... and that is one mire I don't think our Devs will want to wade through, much less to that small a result.

It never occurred to me, before now, just how -limited- a Mastermind's Hybrid options actually were. Control and Hybrid are all but useless for them. The only things worth half a damn are Melee (For Tankerminds Only) and Support. Though for what it's worth, Support can grant all your pets a 12% damage, defense, accuracy, and mez buff... which, y'know... Nothing to sneeze at!

19 hours ago, Steampunkette said:

It never occurred to me, before now, just how -limited- a Mastermind's Hybrid options actually were. Control and Hybrid are all but useless for them. The only things worth half a damn are Melee (For Tankerminds Only) and Support. Though for what it's worth, Support can grant all your pets a 12% damage, defense, accuracy, and mez buff... which, y'know... Nothing to sneeze at!

It isn't as if there are that many Hybrid choices *anyway*. My MM just go with Core Embodiment Support and wade into the mobs!

1 minute ago, tidge said:

It isn't as if there are that many Hybrid choices *anyway*. My MM just go with Core Embodiment Support and wade into the mobs!

Well sure! But I was thinking that I could make an Earth/Stone Brute and take the Earth Mastery Epic Pool to stunlock crowds of enemies by using Control Hybrid to keep adding stacks of Stun after a single Stalagmites use.

Or I could make a SS/Shield Brute with Maneuvers, Assault, and Grant Cover and be a Team-Buffer using the Support Hybrid.

Or just go Spines/Fire and throw out a ton of extra damage with Assault ticking on all kinds of Toxic Attacks and Flaming Damage.

Or use Melee Hybrid to shore up the weaknesses of Willpower while I focus my set bonuses mostly on dishing out more damage or making my character run faster or whatever.

The only way for a MM to get AoE control to rack up -some- use out of Control would be Soul Mastery and Trow Fish. And even then it would only be an Immob rather than a Stunlock.

Just interesting to realize how SoL Masterminds are because of their specific mechanical design.