Mind/Rad? Any good??

StoneColdJoker

Mind Control is quite strong for Dominators who build for PermaDomination. All that recharge plus amped control magnitudes on your messes makes it easy to confuse and fear enemies in big numbers.

Radiation Assault looks very cool, but it’s damage is surprisingly low. You’ll benefit most from staying in melee, which I see the range for most of your heavy-hitting attacks, but keep in mind that your Fear power will require you to pop back out to range.

if it were my character then I might go for /Fire or /Energy over /Rad. If you enjoy playing it, however, then who cares what a dork like me thinks?

6 hours ago, Mercurias said:

if it were my character then I might go for /Fire or /Energy over /Rad. If you enjoy playing it, however, then who cares what a dork like me thinks?

I care, @Mercurias. I care. That’s why I asked lol. Thank you. That’s exactly the type of info I was needing though. And yeah, I want it to be fun but also a powerhouse at the same time. 

And since you brought up Perma-Don, anyone have the number for what global recharge needs to be for that to happen? I played a couple of Doms back on live but never tricked them out. 

• Like 1

Virtue-Vet

Now on Everlasting

Yeah I tend to aim for Hasten plus 85% or more recharge along with other bonuses like defense.  As was already said Mind is quite good especially a perma-dom.  I do have a Mind/Rad for PvP purposes only along with Mind/Dark and Grav/Energy.  Mind/Dark is my favorite toon but with the new buffs to /Energy I gave it a whirl for old times sake and yeah I'd definitely go with Energy over Radiation.