Help with Targeting Binds

VV

Hello all! I seem to recall back on Retail I had a bind that would target a teammate and fire a power at or through them with 1 click. I have tried to recreate it here, but it does not work right.

Here is an example: 

/bind numpad5 "powexecname O2 Boost$$teamselect 5"

Theoretically, when I press the 5 key on the number pad this should select the 5th player down in the team list and shoot O2 Boost at her, all in one click.

I have also tried it this way:

/bind numpad5 "teamselect 5$$powexecname O2 Boost"

They both have the same effect. Pressing the 5 key once will select the proper teammate, then pressing it a second time activates O2 Boost.

Another example:

/bind numpad1 "teamselect 1$$pow_exec_name Taunt"

or if you prefer

/bind numpad1 "pow_exec_name Taunt$$teamselect 1"

This is supposed to select the teammate indicated and fire taunt at their target in one click.  Works the same as above, it takes 2 clicks, one to target, one to activate.

I've done all the research I can, and as far as I can tell, this should be the right syntax and should target and activate with just 1 click. So, my question is, do I have the wrong syntax OR have they removed the ability to target and fire in one click OR is there some setting in the Options menu that I have missed OR am I just misremembering and it was never possible? Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

I don't remember ever having a bind that did both targetting a teammate and firing a power in one click and I routinely create convoluted binds.  I do use numpad for targetting teammates but then just hit the key for whichever power I want to use either on or through them.  I know this is less than helpful but I didnt want your post to be ignored!  Happy hunting.

I am far from and expert in binds but based upon the examples here,

https://cityofheroes.fandom.com/wiki/The_Incomplete_and_Unofficial_Guide_to_/bind

and here

Your bind : /bind numpad5 "teamselect 5$$powexecname O2 Boost"

should work.  It may be, however, that since "O2 boost" is a two word name you may need to quote differently. Because it is interpreting it as powexec O2. I think the first one more likely to work the way you want it to.

Something like /bind numpad5 teamselect 5$$powexecname "O2 Boost"

or :                  /bind numpad5 "teamselect 5$$powexecname "O2 Boost""

or                    /bind numpad5 "teamselect 5"$$"powexecname O2 Boost"

Edited by quixoteprog