Mission bug: Investigate Anderson Construction

brandhund

Mission comes from Shauna Stockwell in Kings Row. Entering the final room of the map spawns a cutscene with a boss enemy who then is not present when the cutscene ends. Enemies in the fore of the room are unresponsive and can be attacked and give XP and items but will not attack back. Enemies in the rear of the room will attack back. There appear to be no clickables to select that I or my partner found. We did exit the mission, toggle to the other character's copy of the mission as active and tried again but received the same behavior.  The specific stage of the mission is 'Stop the Superadine Shipment'.

Oooooh, solo vs teamed! I have been chasing this bug since forever and I could never reproduce it, but I always test solo! This is a great data point for figuring out what's wrong.

If it helps, when it happened to me, I was teamed with one other person and we both had the mission, but I imagine used his as the active task since he usually has star.

I just tested this for over an hour on a duo, and he spawned every single darn time. Tried in ouro and regular, tried leaving the mission owner outside and changing who triggered the volume, tried changing difficulty settings to x8, he appeared every single time.

So whenever you run into this, grab a GM on Discord and they need to get me:

- Team size

- Level of players on the team

- Level of mission owner

- Is mission regular or Flashback

- Who crossed the doorway to trigger the cutscene first

- Difficulty settings used

As soon as I am able to reproduce this bug I can fix it, but so far he never fails to spawn for me.

Oddly enough, I'm pretty sure I ran into this exact issue myself, except it was on a followup mission - the one where you go after Chernobog's brother, Veles. I'm afraid I can't remember the name of the mission, but it's the final one in the arc.

Veles set the place on fire, I couldn't find him anywhere, and the other mobs were unresponsive/non-hostile.

I was doing the mission solo, not on a team. I ended up leaving the building and then came back and tried again the next day. Veles appeared on this second attempt. However, the way he appeared made me wonder if he was actually there the first time: he attacked me from behind after I was already deep inside the burning room.

It almost looked as though he follows a fixed path toward the exit once you enter the room, and if you (the player) just charge off in an unexpected direction, you and Veles simply miss each other and he has to circle back to come after you.

• 3 weeks later

My friends and I have had successes and failures with this mission.  As near as we can tell, this either has to do with the non mission holder triggering the cut scene, or the non mission holder entering the mission first.  We think it's the cut scene being triggered by someone other than the mission holder.

We've been teams of 3 usually, sometimes level appropriate, other times exemplared down.

This sounds really stupid, but I recall triggering the scene while hidden/stealthed.  I thought maybe they can't see me to trigger properly.  I was kidding but who the heck knows?

Pretty sure it was not my mission, but Tahq's.  No idea what level we were,  but just the two of us, as usual.  And it would have been regular mission, not flashback.  Probably normal difficulty.  It's been awhile.

Ran this mission as a solo and part of team. We ran into the same problem with the team. We did exit and reset the mission, and it wan normally after the reset. I will make sure I take notes the next time we run it, and will pass them on.

Darth Grumpy

- Team size

- Level of players on the team

- Level of mission owner

- Is mission regular or Flashback

- Who crossed the doorway to trigger the cutscene first

- Difficulty settings used

I encountered this bug this afternoon; reset the mission twice & the problem occurred twice.

Team size

Two Masterminds (Both of us Bots/Dark)

Level of players on the team

Both Level 10 when we entered mission the first time, both Leveled to 11 just before the cutscene

Level of mission owner

(See above)

Is mission regular or Flashback

The mission is regular.

Who crossed the doorway to trigger the cutscene first

Both times my bot was running ahead of me (Does that count as me or him as the trigger?)

I am not the mission holder, but I do have the same mission as well.

Difficulty settings used

Neither of us has changed the difficulty; basic difficulty.