Solo PvE Archery Corruptor - which secondary?

sindyr

I'm about to (re)start an Archery Corruptor, and am wondering what secondary to pair with it. Although all secondaries may be viable, I'm looking for top-performing in terms of survivability and especially DPS.

I've ruled out Trick Arrow. I'd like to avoid /Kin (have done that a lot on other builds.) And I had been leveling a /Temporal, but I just didn't find it fun, which is why I am restarting.

I generally solo PvE, and only play characters until they hit 50 after which I retire them and start a new one - so for me, gameplay is leveling up from 1 to 50. I have enough funds to buy whatever IOs and such I want.

What top performing secondaries would you recommend to pair with an Archery Coruptor who solos PvE only until 50? And why?

Thanks.

By temporal I assume you were leveling a blaster? An archery/time corruptor would play very differently and hits all your requirements.

I'd recommend archery/storm, but I'm concerned about the endurance usage before 50 solo. So I don't think it would be a good option for you.

So, if archery/time is not an option and archery/storm isn't a good option either, how about archery/cold? You'll have all the endurance you want with heat loss, extra damage with sleet, and some extra defense with fog.

My top recommendation is definitely archery/time though.

How about Archery/Rad?  IMO Rad is one of the strongest sets out there and it brings a lot to the table.  I played Rad on Defenders, Controllers and Corruptors back on Live and it's a great all purpose set with very effective debuffs along with the awesome Accelerate Metabolism.  The classic pairing is Archery/Trick Arrow but I've never been that impressed with /TA.  Personally my go-to secondaries (or primaries on a Defender) are Rad and Kin though I've played Dark, Storm, Emp & Sonic on various Defender/Controller/Corruptors.  I would NOT pair it with Storm however, you've a few nice AOE's and unless played very well Storm is counterproductive to that.  I know I had great difficulty on my Plant/Storm 'troller with all the chaos and I had the advantage of an AOE immobilize to eliminate the KB.

Rad just works, with anything.  Kin is like being a Crack Dealer, everyone wants their fix.

I haven't played Archery on a Corruptor but I've played it twice to 50 on a Blaster; it's a great set that benefits from fairly long range attacks.  There's a few skippable powers there to open up room in the build but the core of the set is quite good.

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler