Ice/Dark build recommendations

Papaschtroumpf

I have a confession, I have been making Brutes. I never had one on Live.

Now it's time to get back to a Tank, but I have several very strong non-tank characters already (corrupt, scrapper, brute...) that for me to stick the the tank it needs to be strong both on survivability and damage.

I have a lowbie TW/WP Brute that I may re-roll into a tank, but for today my new character of choice is Ice/Dark Melee.

The reason I chose the combo is that I have never played either set (well, I dabbled with a Dark/Dark scrapper on Live but didn't care for not seeing the costume I spent hours on, so I didn't play him much). the combo feels like it should synergize reasonably well, although I would likely have done Ice/Rad if I didn't already have Rad/EM brute.

I'm at level 26 and have taken all the primary and secondary powers so far, just to get a feel for what each does., but with only some lvl 25 SOs, I feel kinda meh.  I think the sets need a few more levels to come together and offer enough slots that I don;t have too many endurance issues, etc...

So, any advice on how to slot post 27 when I can access min 30 IOs (I will start slot some attuned IOs around that time). I see a lot of similarities in Ice/ builds out there but are there good synergies with /Dark?

Basically you want to softcap smashing/lethal early, so 4-slot at least three punches with Kinetic Combat and put the two Resistance +Def unique into Permafrost. I like putting a chance for knockdown into smite and shadow punch for lolz. With your toggle shields three slotted with standard Defense IOs you should be close to 45% s/l and fairly durable.