Suggestion - New Inspirations

Save-vs-DM

Just a quick suggestion for a new type of inspiration: inspirations that increase your movement rate for a short while. Maybe something like for a minute or two. They'd be useful at lower levels or for folks without travel powers. And at higher levels those of us with flight would appreciate it.

I'm not sure how possible it would be to implement, but it'd be a nice QoL sort of deal.

If the length of their duration was standardized to other Skittles it would be interesting.

The biggest issue though with it is in PvP.  One of the greatest coaches of all-time Herb Brooks once said "the legs feed the wolf". In PvP movement is life, if you're standing still you're dead. So an inspiration that boosts movement speed would cause a significant ripple in PvP in this game.

That said, the community would adapt as we've done time and again.

On a related note: I thought the other night about inspirations and thought and interesting theoretical incarnate power to choose  to specialize in an inspiration allowing you to boost the value of inspirations or the durations of the type your specialize in would be interesting.

Or just not have them work in PvP.

Not sure I see the point myself, with the plethora of "free" P2W travel powers can anyone be really said to be without a travel power these days? And flight speed was always said to be limited by the engine even with afterburner you only get about the same speed as SS/SJ.

Yeah, flight has a very low max speed, on live anyway there was no point in slotted fly speed because base was over cap, not sure if homecoming has changed that.

Having them disabled for PvP seems reasonable. I was also going to suggest having them only available from vendors/contacts and not drop, but suppose with the ability to disable insps you don't want having them drop is ok.

(And as an aside, does disabling insp drops mean you get nothing if it was going to drop, or system re-rolls until something you have enabled pops up?)

Maybe some other insp ideas could be +range (also disabled for PvP) and +absorb. Maybe a variation of large dam/acc/res/def insps where you get full large effect for half duration (for example, maybe tweak), then it decays to med effect for half normal insp duration, then small.

13 hours ago, Dragon Crush said:

(And as an aside, does disabling insp drops mean you get nothing if it was going to drop, or system re-rolls until something you have enabled pops up?)

Any disabled drops recipes or insps mean you don't get that drop, it's literally the same as if it dropped but you deleted it as soon as it landed in your tray. Only difference between insps and recipes is there is a badge for each tier of recipe (well common and uncommon, never actually disabled rare/very rare).

13 hours ago, Dragon Crush said:

Maybe some other insp ideas could be +range (also disabled for PvP) and +absorb. Maybe a variation of large dam/acc/res/def insps where you get full large effect for half duration (for example, maybe tweak), then it decays to med effect for half normal insp duration, then small.

Range & Absorb would both be useful, I could see the use for a debuff resistance/defence Insp too. 

What I'd like to see is the up time for larger sizes be increased, especially super (which cost a lot).

1 hour ago, Save-vs-DM said:

Speaking of inspirations, it would also be cool if you could combine three of one type into the same type, but one size larger. So like you can turn 3 catch a breath into 1 catch a breather.

The original devs said no to that as people would just fully convert over an entire tray to tier 3 inspirations, by buying the tier 1 inspirations at a vendor.

24 minutes ago, SeraphimKensai said:

The original devs said no to that as people would just fully convert over an entire tray to tier 3 inspirations, by buying the tier 1 inspirations at a vendor.

With super Inspirations the solution to that would be to exclude small insps from the conversion. When there were only three ranks of insps it didn't really make sense with four it does.

Also make it possible to craft/change team, dual and dual team insps would be great. (And it'd be nice to specifically stop some dual and team from dropping.)