Expedient Reinforcement Resist Bonus Aura

Uun

Does this aura only benefit the pet it's slotted in, or does it benefit all your pets within the radius? I have a Grav/Storm and was considering 6-slotting Expedient Reinforcement in Tornado. Obviously the resist bonus won't benefit Tornado. Will it benefit Singularity?

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

These various +resist and +defense IOs always grant you a personal aura that protects your pets, sort of like a Mastermind's inherent. If your pets run off and aren't near you, they don't benefit. 

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

I haven't seen your build but IMO if you're 6 slotting Expedient Reinforcement in Tornado you should reconsider. The Chance for 100% Recharge proc is just too amazing in that power. Plus you're missing out on being able to put a KB to KD IO. Singy would be better 6 slotted with Expedient Reinforcement, if you must. (But probably it would still be better to do x4 Exp Rein, 1 KB to KD, and 1 Build Up proc).

Edited by oedipus_tex

I think the actual numbers in Expedient Reinforcement are BAD: Accuracy 73.78% (74.20), Damage 91.78% (95.40), Endurance Reduction 47.70, Recharge Time 68.9. + the proc. 

Less than 90% in recharge intensive pet is pretty questionable to me - maybe you have enough global recharge from bonuses and haste and such to keep a pet up perma, but the ones I happen to have looked at and considered this set in usually have a big uptime gap and I need 90% in the slotting to start with. If I put this set into a pet I'd be considering it a "mule" situation, TBH.

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

1 hour ago, Erydanus said:

I think the actual numbers in Expedient Reinforcement are BAD: Accuracy 73.78% (74.20), Damage 91.78% (95.40), Endurance Reduction 47.70, Recharge Time 68.9. + the proc. 

Less than 90% in recharge intensive pet is pretty questionable to me - maybe you have enough global recharge from bonuses and haste and such to keep a pet up perma, but the ones I happen to have looked at and considered this set in usually have a big uptime gap and I need 90% in the slotting to start with. If I put this set into a pet I'd be considering it a "mule" situation, TBH.

Base recharge in Tornado is 60 seconds. The difference between 69% recharge and 95% recharge is only 5 seconds (36 seconds vs. 31 seconds). Global recharge bonuses and haste more than cover that, but unless I'm fighting AVs, I don't often need perma-Tornado.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

Tornado is a stackable rather than perma-able power. You can have multiple Tornadoes out at once. Generally, you want to push the Recharge as high as possible. This is partly because the power deals amazing damage for its cast time, but also for its control effect and the fact that it procs the +100% Recharge proc reliably. A KB to KD IO can be expected to greatly increase the power's damage because it will prevent enemies from getting flung away, resulting in a terrifying wood chipper. Tornado was always a good power, but with the new procs it's one of the top 10 in the game.

• Like 1