Waagh! I want my old stuff back!

Danopix

1 hour ago, boggo2300 said:

I'm currently rebuilding my old main from live,  I didn't even re-roll him for several months I've been making new toons, but the re-roll even though I've only got him to 31 so far is already a better build...

It's so interesting to learn of how everyone comes back!  There was no way I would start again on anything but my old main.  I just loved her so much and was so invested in her for so many reasons and had been dreaming of running her again that I had to reroll her first.  But I totally get opting to ease in, too.

Yeah, I am finding that my rerolls feel far superior to (i.e. more fun to play than) my originals, but I think that's because they were so old on live and I didn't keep up with all the options for new IO sets or for . . . pretty much most changes along the way.  I just got sunk into feeling happy with my main, especially, as she was (and I loved her, don't get me wrong).  But on HC, we have it all up front, so we can make better choices as we build, choices that we might not have considered on our originals because they came out after we had our builds "set."  My main was still fun and awesome (to me), but I love my new main, her reroll, so much more!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Tahliah said:

It's so interesting to learn of how everyone comes back!  There was no way I would start again on anything but my old main.  I just loved her so much and was so invested in her for so many reasons and had been dreaming of running her again that I had to reroll her first.  But I totally get opting to ease in, too.

Yeah, I am finding that my rerolls feel far superior to (i.e. more fun to play than) my originals, but I think that's because they were so old on live and I didn't keep up with all the options for new IO sets or for . . . pretty much most changes along the way.  I just got sunk into feeling happy with my main, especially, as she was (and I loved her, don't get me wrong).  But on HC, we have it all up front, so we can make better choices as we build, choices that we might not have considered on our originals because they came out after we had our builds "set."  My main was still fun and awesome (to me), but I love my new main, her reroll, so much more!

BY the time I pretty much quit CoH (Freemium was the final nail for me), I'd long lost any real interest in my main a DM/Regen scrapper. Consequently I have yet to reroll her at all, and probably won't. I have remade some of my other characters that I had on live, some are a blast and even more fun than on live (Grav/Rad Controllers) others I just can't a grip on (Fire/Kin Controllers). But mostly I'm having a blast knocking out builds that take no time to level (thanks to AE) and are fairly cheap to slot out to a playable level once done. Just tried a Thugs/Time MM, got it to 40+ slotted it up (mostly common IOs), played it for a few hours then respecced it to strip out those IOs and deleted it because while it might be powerful in  the hands of another I hated it (Time mostly). I'd never have done that on live. (Even on the test server.)

3 hours ago, Lost Ninja said:

But mostly I'm having a blast knocking out builds that take no time to level (thanks to AE) and are fairly cheap to slot out to a playable level once done. Just tried a Thugs/Time MM, got it to 40+ slotted it up (mostly common IOs), played it for a few hours then respecced it to strip out those IOs and deleted it because while it might be powerful in  the hands of another I hated it (Time mostly). I'd never have done that on live. (Even on the test server.)

I know what you mean; it's fun to try out new things and doesn't seem to feel as painful to delete them if they don't work out. I am in the process of stripping a demon/pain MM that I just can't abide.  It's the /pain I am not enjoying, so she's going in the bin.  I also have a thugs mm that I don't like yet, but I'm going to wait until I get the Bruiser before I decide whether or not to keep her.  Thugs just doesn't seem as damagey to me as other mm choices (at least up to the early 20s), but it could just be me.  I must have deleted toons on live, but I can't recall any atm.

I have a plant/time troll that I am just starting to enjoy at lvl 26; I'm not sold on /time, but I'll give it more levels to see how it plays out.  She may be heading for the bin, too, though, if I didn't get a kick out of her name (heh) and the fact that we have so many toon slots now.