State of PvP mechanics compared to Live?

EmperorSteele

So I was going over my old Mind/Kin guide to freshen it up and re-post it for Homecoming, but I came across some notes on PvP that I wanted to make sure were still accurate.

Specifically, I want to know if Travel Suppression and Diminishing Returns are still a thing. I've done some zone PvP, and haven't really noticed myself getting slowed down in combat (at least, not too much more so than in normal PvE), but I figured maybe that was because I was keeping myself siphon-speed boosted. I did notice that heals used in rapid succession weren't as effective, and I think I lost a few points of global recharge, but I don't think the drops were as harsh as they had been on Live. But again, I just wanted to be sure!

And for a bonus question, any super general PvP tips that no good guide should be without?

Travel suppression and heal decay no longer exist in zone PvP and are disabled by default in arena matches. Diminishing returns is still a thing, and most of the ingame combat attributes don't correctly reflect the effects of DR. Nothing with regards to diminishing returns has changed since live.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 28JAN22)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube