Can you use the KB to KD in Overwhelming if you already have KB to I'D in Sudden Acc?

Garble

22 minutes ago, Garble said:

The Knocback to Knockdown proc in Overwhelming Force is unique to itself, while the Sudden Acceleration is not. But is OF unique to SA? 

Does the game consider them the same type of effect?

It sounds like you're asking if you can slot the sudden acceleration special IO at the same time as the Overwhelming force special IO.  As far as I know you CAN, but there's no point in doing so since either alone will negate the knockback.

You can absolutely have more than one sudden acceleration special and the overwhelming force IO in a build at the same time, as any good stormie will tell you. :)

1 hour ago, Garble said:

The Knocback to Knockdown proc in Overwhelming Force is unique to itself, while the Sudden Acceleration is not. But is OF unique to SA? 

Does the game consider them the same type of effect?

The OF set is unique per build, while the SA set is not.  Therefore, you can equip only 1 OF KB2KD IO (in any given build), while you can equip the SA KB2KD IO multiple times (in the same build).  In other words, you can equip the OF KB2KD IO in only one power, while you can equip multiple SA KB2KD IOs in multiple powers.

Even though it's technically possible to do so, there is no benefit to equipping more than one of the KB2KD IOs in the same power.  The net effect for either/both is the same, so it's pointless to have both equipped in one power.

For example, on my Energy Blast characters, I usually have OF in Explosive Blast, and SA in Power Push and Nova.

• Like 1

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer