QOL: Remove the Enemy Auto-hit after so many misses.

Ok now that I am home I can give a longer answer but I stand by my /Jranger post earlier.  

As others have pointed out, the streak breaker is not the cause of SRs eating dirt. Some attacks have no positional tags and they eat through SR and Shield and to a lesser extent Ninja.  Now I run a blaster with capped S/L/F/C/E defenses and only about 33% S/L resist.  I have cleared the towers on +4 ITFs solo while the rest of the group worked on the AVs without issues. The only times I eat dirt (outside of psi, dark and auto hit attacks) is when I get hit with a defense debuff.  Those tend to cascade so if I do not catch it in time and pop a luck to get my defense back up, I will die in a hurry.  SR does not have that issue as it has an insane amount of DDR and tanks have a much greater HP pool so there is no reason my Blaster should be more durable than a properly slotted SR tank.  Assuming you are telling the truth about seeing SR tankers dropping like flies this leaves 3 other things that could be the cause. 

1.)  Bad luck.  If a few mobs get lucky and all manage to hit at the same time that can drop you pretty fast.  I see this as unlikely as you are claiming it is happening all the time and I am not having the same issues with the same defense and lower HP. 

2.) Bad players.  Or at the least, ignorant players that do not understand the mechanics of the game or do not have enough experience to know which mobs have to hit buffs and which ones do not.  Another thing I have seen is sometimes SR tankers forget they need to click on their mez protection every so often and a stray hold gets through their defense.  This removes the defense from all the toggles while they are held which allows for attacks to hit far more often.  

3.) Bad builds.  Some people just don't get the game mechanics and have terrible builds.  Sure they could have SR at capped defenses but maybe they skipped all their auto powers and bridged the gap with set bonuses, and Weave which lowers their DDR making them less durable against debuffs. 

tl:dr version.  Odds are it is a pebkac error because there is nothing wrong with the streak breaker against high defense builds. 

Edited by HelenCarnate

On 12/9/2019 at 8:11 AM, Dragon Crush said:

That was CaptainYesterday spouting easily provable falsehoods, not DrRocket. DrRocket seems legitimately confused to me.

To sum up what others have stated in the thread, the way attack mechanics work no matter what your defense or the opponents to-hit, there is a cap of 95% chance to hit and a floor of 5% to hit. No matter what your defense, even before streak-breaker you have at least a 1 in 20 chance of being hit, and streak breaker will only kick in if one individual somehow misses 100 times in a row (NOT once you have been missed 100 times total). Confounding matters somewhat is that some attacks auto-hit, and some lack positional tags, thus ignoring SR, ninja's or SD defense.

Oh your quite right, likely confused them since they sound so much alike Id bet the house on them both being socks of another poster.