Remove acc buff on weapons that can no-redraw?

Mr. Wallet

I remember reading wayyyy back in the day, I think it was from Geko or Back Alley Brawler but I don't remember, that weapon sets had their tiny bonus to accuracy specifically as a balancing mechanism against the delays caused by redrawing the weapon, because so many other powers would put the weapon away. Now that managing the weapon redraw has been removed as a concern for power-gamers, it stands to reason that the accuracy bonus should also be taken off. I didn't see anything about it in the issue notes and Mid's is still showing their accuracy as boosted.

Edited by Mr. Wallet

Is it that much of a boost? You said yourself, its tiny, and I am sure its like..from 75% to 87% or something. ALso, a LOT of those sets (mace, axe, swords of all types, box, ar) have heavily resisted damage types. Is a small acc boost so bad on these sets, especially teh ancient ones?

I found the no-redraw option on one set - I think it was katana? - to look ugly in action and break immersion, so I didn't take it. The logic of removing a trival buff just because a counterbalancing option exists falls flat for me. 

• Like 2

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

Yeah, I suppose it's small enough that it makes no real difference; there's way bigger balance problems in the game right now, and only 3 or 4 "draw" sets are even a little popular.

I wouldn't even bother to reply but I do feel I have to point out that "don't accidentally buff some sets" is extremely well-traveled logic in terms of game design. In general, one always balances to make sure there's no degenerate cases at the extremes. You wouldn't balance a set based on people who deliberately slow down their attacks for immersion; you would be worried about Fire/Dev blasters that are soloing mobs of over a dozen purples with a single fireball. That's the type of player who can degenerate gameplay experiences, especially PvP.

It really wasn't clear to me that this had been considered at all from a balance perspective in addition to the quality-of-life perspective, so I thought it deserved a mention.