"Ranged" melee combat set, with multiple skins

Menelruin

So I know of a couple of different combat sets that people have wanted, but all of them would basically involve smacking someone who is just outside of punching range.  Rather than making several unique sets, do you think it would be easier for the devs to make one set, "reaching melee," then apply several animation options to it, similar to how a sword user selects a weapon?  I'm thinking....

Whip:  Your hero lashes out at a distance to smack an enemy, or does stuff like spinning to hit everyone nearby. 

Stretching arms:  Like Mr. Fantastic, you can punch someone from several feet away.

Speed (and/or teleportation):  Your character dashes out to hit an enemy then back again, or teleports to their position to smack them then pops back.  For AoE they dash/bamf around punching several enemies in succession, then return to where they were.

Thoughts?   It ALMOST should be more of a Sentinel set, due to the range, but I imagine that would annoy a lot of people to have something like this on only ONE archetype....

Staff Fighting and Titan Weapons has 2 feet more range than the other melee sets, and Staff was one attack with a 40 foot range.

• Like 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

1) Think this might fit suggestions more, although maybe with lack of meat to the suggestion maybe not?

2) Back on live I think the devs said stretching powerset was impossible with the engine, not sure if anyone's figured out a good way to fake it since.

3) +1 for seeing whips, whether they're made of leather or energy for a powerset.

• Like 1