In praise of Empathy

Sailboat

Last night my Archery/Tac Arrow Blaster answered a request in the LFG channel that turned out to be a from a lone Empathy Defender looking for a dps partner.  I've never really wanted to play Empathy myself, but there's no question it can make one or two team members super-duper with buffs and support.

This player was really good, and we proceeded to take down an AV and a whole bunch of +1/x8 missions without suffering any defeats.  I don't know how good Adrenaline Boost is for +recharge, but my heavy-hitting powers were constantly cycling almost as fast as I could pick targets.  He complimented me on my damage output but it was well-played Empathy that made the duo hum so well.  I didn't have to play smart and tactically, I could more or less just stand there and lay down the hurt.

Perhaps I am preaching to the choir here, but I was level 37 without significant set bonuses (I frankenslotted 2 powers, Rain of Arrows and Explosive Arrow) and no real defenses.  It was a lot of fun and I hope my newfound friend enjoyed making a monster out of me.  🙂

PS.  He also blasted his fair share of targets.  Defenders deal damage!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Adrenaline Boost is a very large boost to recharge i.e. +100% and a high end build can keep it perma on an individual.  It also makes the target quite resistant to recharge debuffs (and some other move related things), provides a +500% regen and 800% buff to recovery.  The latter two being enhanceable.  It's how teamed Emps could essentially ignore the nuke crash when that was a thing and often not lose toggles either (when that was still a thing).  I could fire off my nuke and look down a few seconds later and see my end bar mostly full and climbing.

• Like 2