LF DP/Devices build

Morg

Hi all, 

Played in the early days of live and trying to get back into it.  I'm looking for a dual pistols/devices build on hero side.  I would like it to include fly as thematically my toon uses a jet pack and understand that hasten with blasters is also usually an include.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  I also could use advice on enhancements as I never really made it to end game on live.  While I understand the sets, I still don't know which ones are the way to go.

Edited by Morg

• 2 weeks later

I love, Dual Pistol, Love Devices, Love Assault Rifle.

I would like to point you to this thread and yes shamelessly my builds on this thread.

I would use Mids Reborn and just swap out AR for DP.. 

If you would consider Traps EG Traps DP Corruptor it might be better.

Reason why, is because the last attack in DP is Hail of Bullets (HOB). 

Hail of Bullets is a PBAOE attack. Which means for a blaster that puts you in Melee range which is not good as mobs will hit you back and you will have limited defenses to protect yourself. Further as HOB locks in you place you are stuck in that spot until it is done.  Though HOB special gives you a bonus to Positional Defense for 5 seconds it still is not enough to keep you alive.

BUT DP /Traps will give you full positional defense cap.  Plus fly and FFG hovering is pretty cool as well. 

I have a DP Traps corruptor build as well. 

I am also really interested in DP/Dev. Yes, I know about traps, but... /dev gets uninterruptible trip mines. So I'm just accepting that I need to try to get a ton of resist and defense if I'm going to survive, but also. Trip mines!

Things I want: (1) trip mines (2) trip mines (3) i dunno maybe some other OOH MORE TRIP MINES. So I guess that means a ton of global recharge. I don't care too much about soloing at +4/x8 or anything, but would like to be able to go chase Incarnate stuff and so on.

Not yet 50, but will be someday, maybe. I play the market some so it's pretty practical for me to just go ahead and fill in the blaster ATOs, or whatever. PvP recipes and purples would take a bit longer to afford, but a couple hundred million would be "more than I have now, less than I'll have by the time I make 50".

On 12/22/2019 at 6:10 AM, plainguy said:

I would use Mids Reborn and just swap out AR for DP.[/quote]

""just swap out AR for DP" seems to be non-trivial; the power sets aren't all that similar.

In particular, I'd point out: DP's tier 9 is a PBAoE, and trip mines is now uninterruptible, making it a somewhat useful PBAoE, and I would guess that building for a bit more melee defense might be rewarding.

19 hours ago, seebs said:

""just swap out AR for DP" seems to be non-trivial; the power sets aren't all that similar.

In particular, I'd point out: DP's tier 9 is a PBAoE, and trip mines is now uninterruptible, making it a somewhat useful PBAoE, and I would guess that building for a bit more melee defense might be rewarding.

I think one of the builds posted there has trip mines in it. 

Device was very AR oriented. 

DP HOB is melee based attack. 

Bit difficult with DP Device to obtain Range  and melee defense cap build. The IO sets are just not that conducive for that type of creation. 

End result Trip mine is going to be more of the thing you drop before a fight.. Again the with long recharge 6 seconds maybe 5 seconds ? What are you going to be doing with it in the middle of a fight. 

I think you need to look at the big picture here. 

If you were talking DP Traps then its a different story because you would be defense capped.

I'm fine with not being capped to everything when not teamed with people who give +defense, I just want to try to balance things out while retaining the ridiculous damage (and damage mitigation) I get from toe-bombing, which is working *really* well.

What do I do with trip mine in the middle of a fight? Well, while something else is recharging, I drop a mine, and the next thing that tries to melee me doesn't melee me.