Mass Hypnosis

KalSpiro

I have a Mind Control Dominator, level 27

I have Mass Hypnosis, currently three slotted with level 30 Lethargic Repose IOs: Acc/Sleep, Acc/Sleep/Red, Acc/Rech

According to Detailed Info, I have accuracy 1.61X and a duration of 15.12s

So far, I'm lucky to hit a group at all once in five.  And even if I do hit it seems to have no effect except to put a visual effect over there heads for a second, but does not put them to sleep at all.

Virtue Shard:

Quick Shot Kid

Liberty Vanguard

Gleaming Spark

Shadow Squirrel

21 hours ago, SeraphimKensai said:

What level are the mobs your engaging, and what enemy type? Are they being hit by anything else?

Even level, all enemy types, no

I can also say that I had been experiencing this for a while, I don't play the character often and it kept coming up, before finally actively testing it and confirming it.  Now it no longer seems to be in effect.

Edited by KalSpiro

Virtue Shard:

Quick Shot Kid

Liberty Vanguard

Gleaming Spark

Shadow Squirrel

The mobs question was important because some critters are literally immune to sleep effects (usually robots and zombies). Also, I can attest that even with a full purple set, multiple global accuracy bonuses, AND a very Rare Incarnate +Acc alpha slotted, Mass Hyp will STILL usually miss one or two critters in a mob. It's the downside of the 95% to-hit cap.

Also, was anything else going on? Mobs will wake up immediately if they are being damaged (such as from a DoT) or healed.

Yes, I know all that.  It looks like the issue is no longer in effect.  However, no.  It was the first and only power I used, while alone, so nothing else was in effect and they were not taking damage.  I would hit them with it and then watch as they literally had no effect.  The purple bubbles would show over their heads for a moment, but they wouldn't gain sleep animation, nor actually go to sleep.  It was across the board, ALL mobs were effected the same way, every time.  Not a handful in a group, the whole group, every time.  When I say all, I mean all.  

Again, though, it looks like if there was a bug, this was happening over a multiweek period for how rarely I play the character, it was resolved shortly after I posted this because it is no longer in effect.

Virtue Shard:

Quick Shot Kid

Liberty Vanguard

Gleaming Spark

Shadow Squirrel