Dominating Witches

VV

Plus timed right you'll stop the group that spawns dead in their tracks.  Generally I try to get myself to perma down to lower content without limiting my high end build either.  Having a dom perma starting in the 25-30 range is so much fun, expensive, but fun.  

Katie Hannon is one of TFs where Dominators rule. The best set for it is Earth Control, but any of them can make a huge difference. 

Just try not to use too much Confuse, because when the witches hurricane each other they all end up spread out and creating a huge mess.

(I wish the Witch faction stretched all the way to level 50. They are a lot of fun to fight.)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, oedipus_tex said:

The best set for it is Earth Control, but any of them can make a huge difference.

Yeah, after building 2 Doms, one I love, the other doesn't delight me but still kicks A, I kind of want to only ever make Doms, anymore. Now, I'm looking at Earth/Earth for good bam bam. Grav/Fire because I love the Grav controls and I love burning stuff.  Ice/Ice because ICE ICE BABY. And Plant/Thorn or Plant/Rad just for fun. I just wish Doms had more primaries to pick from.

Edited by VV

1 hour ago, VV said:

Yeah, after building 2 Doms, one I love, the other doesn't delight me but still kicks A, I kind of want to only ever make Doms, anymore. Now, I'm looking at Earth/Earth for good bam bam. Grav/Fire because I love the Grav controls and I love burning stuff.  Ice/Ice because ICE ICE BABY. And Plant/Thorn or Plant/Rad just for fun. I just wish Doms had more primaries to pick from.

Welcome to the club!  I've had a lot of doms here's a few I'd suggest to try if you haven't.

Controls: 

Mind - Always my fav so much control

Ice - Fun but a bit underpowered, Arctic Air is nice

Gravity - Fun but clunky w/wormhole

Dark - Nice damage

Assaults: 

Rad - Okay, the heal is nice but unreliable, melee-centric

Dark - Decent damage but best survive-ability

Electric - Meh, was great back before they nerfed havoc punch

Energy - Stupid good now with the mechanics, everything from Power Up and after is unskippable

Fire - OG go to for damage, still good but geared more toward ranged blaster type of players

FWIW another archetype that does well on that Task Force is Sentinels. Sentinels have the armor to withstand the Witches attacks and knockback, and the range to stay out of Hurricane. Actually, the more I play Sentinels the more they feel similar to a sturdier, less controll-y Dominator. Both are in the middle range of the damage spectrum but make up for it with survival tools.