SM gurus, give to me your knowledge

DasEnder2

So I'm playing SM/EA, and it's a lot of fun. But I have a few questions that I need help with.

1.  With the Exhausted debuff lasting an annoyingly long time, is it better to fire off Hemo/Flurry at 4 BF, or do you go for 5 and just deal with it?

2.  I still have yet to figure out a good opener. What do you guys use? I've been stuck with either opening with Maiming Slash, which is not great. Otherwise I could use Hemo to open, but then it's not up if rehide procs. I'm kinda stuck.

The reality is that exhaustion doesn't have any negative attributes and blood stacks just improve rech and end discount. The +rech is nice for long cool downs, but you should have an attack chain that doesn't rely on blood stacks.

that said:

I try not to let hemo exhaust me on teams,  So 4 is good.  But I won't skip hemo just to avoid exhaustion heh. 

rending flurry I will describe below while addressing your last question.

Opener: target something meaty near the middle of the spawn.

build up >ball lightning > savage leap (with 4 damage procs and a -res proc) > AS (which usually rehides) > rending flurry (at 5 stacks so bigger aoe) > kill stragglers.

Ball lightning travels medium speed and savage leap is instant, so the damage lands at the same time from the two attacks.

edit: for single target always use hemo from hide. If AS rehides and hemo isn't up then use your snipe. I almost never use maiming slash outside of AV fights

That will take out an entire spawn so fast that people will start talking about how awesome blaster nukes are even though there is no blaster on the team haha. 

Hit build up (which has likely instantly recharged from all the aoe) and do it all again approx 10.5 seconds after you last used savage leap.

Edited by Frosticus

13 hours ago, Frosticus said:

Opener: target something meaty near the middle of the spawn.

build up >ball lightning > savage leap (with 4 damage procs and a -res proc) > AS (which usually rehides) > rending flurry (at 5 stacks so bigger aoe) > kill stragglers.

So Savage leap has 5 procs in it? I 5 slotted mine with obliteration with the damage proc and then the - res proc. Would it be better to have the 4 damage procs? I only need obliteration for the 5% rech. Which I can get elsewhere. 🤔 

"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time"- Chesty Puller US Marine Corps

2 hours ago, Broken_Prey said:

So Savage leap has 5 procs in it? I 5 slotted mine with obliteration with the damage proc and then the - res proc. Would it be better to have the 4 damage procs? I only need obliteration for the 5% rech. Which I can get elsewhere. 🤔 

I use 4 damage procs and the - res.

+5 arma damage and musculature radial.

I'm /bio so with offensive, tactics and kismet, plus 45% acc set bonuses I can forgo slotting acc. 

It moves savage leap from being lightning rod's little brother into making savage melee a top tier aoe set across all ATs

screenshot_191209-17-44-28.jpg.461be75f49e05b02bc6fe4589a4fe649.jpg

I personally dont touch the recharge of savage leap. It is basically the perfect proc power as is with 3.5 ppm rolling at I think 89%? (I'd want to check that again).

And with the damage cut in half when used point blank. So once per spawn is usually all I need. Otherwise I jump back and then use it again. not the most efficient, but definitely fun haha.

• Like 1

On 12/13/2019 at 12:54 PM, Frosticus said:

I use 4 damage procs and the - res.

+5 arma damage and musculature radial.

I'm /bio so with offensive, tactics and kismet, plus 45% acc set bonuses I can forgo slotting acc. 

It moves savage leap from being lightning rod's little brother into making savage melee a top tier aoe set across all ATs

screenshot_191209-17-44-28.jpg.461be75f49e05b02bc6fe4589a4fe649.jpg

Nice. Thanks. Re-did my build with the procs, can't wait to see how it does. 

"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time"- Chesty Puller US Marine Corps