R.I.P. laptop charger

Roozterillusion

Any chance your area has a little old tech "junk" shop?  We've got such a vendor in a permanent booth at a local flea market.  The man buys "old" business equipment, and either refurbishes it to sell for cheap, or cannibalizes it for parts bins.  Since manufacturers often like to use the same power brick for multiple models (at least until the wattage is forced to increase),  there's every chance a buyer might find a usable replacement for dirt cheap in one of the parts bins.  If you find such a place, just be sure to look for nicks in the wiring, and have them test the charger, preferably on another device to protect yours from problems, before selling it to you.  Wattage and laptop socket connections (size/shape) tend to be the two things to most consider.

There's also an outside chance a charity shop might have what you need.  I've a friend who used to be the tech for a well-known charity, and he said they were getting tons of tech coming through the business.  And "old" technology may not be so old.  Some businesses, like the one I work for, like to unload their equipment as soon as the three year warranty expires, even though the tech is still in good shape.