Enemy-affecting sustains

carroto

In the discussions of Blaster sustain powers one thing I haven't come across yet is mention of enemy-affecting sustain powers that are toggles getting shut down when mezzed.  I presume this does happen, yes?  It works that way with every other enemy-affecting toggle as far as I know.

This seems like it would be a major negative for those sustains, and would put them far below clicks and toggles that don't affect enemies and would therefore get suppressed but not shut off when mezzed.  Seems to me that the clicks would have a major advantage here in remaining active during periods of mez, which is often when the most damage is coming in.

What am I missing?

1 hour ago, carroto said:

In the discussions of Blaster sustain powers one thing I haven't come across yet is mention of enemy-affecting sustain powers that are toggles getting shut down when mezzed.  I presume this does happen, yes?  It works that way with every other enemy-affecting toggle as far as I know.

This seems like it would be a major negative for those sustains, and would put them far below clicks and toggles that don't affect enemies and would therefore get suppressed but not shut off when mezzed.  Seems to me that the clicks would have a major advantage here in remaining active during periods of mez, which is often when the most damage is coming in.

What am I missing?

I don't know about all of the sustains, but Cauterizing Aura is an enemy-affecting power and it does not shut off when mezzed. In fact, you can even toggle it back on while you are currently mezzed, e.g. turn it on during the Stun period when you resurrect with a Wakie.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, oedipus_tex said:

I don't know about all of the sustains, but Cauterizing Aura is an enemy-affecting power and it does not shut off when mezzed. In fact, you can even toggle it back on while you are currently mezzed, e.g. turn it on during the Stun period when you resurrect with a Wakie.

Interesting.  Do you know if the enemy-affecting portion suppresses, or will it even keep doing damage while mezzed?  What about the heal portion?

49 minutes ago, carroto said:

Interesting.  Do you know if the enemy-affecting portion suppresses, or will it even keep doing damage while mezzed?  What about the heal portion?

I assume it suppresses but I do not know.

Iv'e been lobbying the devs to implement the same mechanic into other PBAoE powers though. Especially Arctic Air, which is very subject to detoggles.