Client Crashing.

TaceusJ

Hey everyone.  So I am playing on Windows 7 and I have some pretty bad client crashing issues.  It is pretty random too, sometimes it won't happen for several hours and sometimes it happens 4-5 times in a 30 minute period.  I don't really mind them every once in a while, but I feel bad joining a TF and then crashing 5 times throughout it.  I have tried reinstalling it, using the older torrent and the newer torrent.  As well as re-validate before playing.  Yet it still happens randomly.  Does anyone else have this issue?  I would post an error code but it doesn't seem to give me one.  It just freezes up and closes.  If anyone can share a similar issue and how they (If they) were able to fix it, or at least improve it would be greatly appreciated!

I have experimented with various compatibility settings hoping that would work, but no such luck. 

EDIT:  I should add I have whitelisted the programs in my firewall as well.  Also that I have experimented at multiple graphics settings from Ultra to low and it doesn't seem to matter.

I was able to get an error report this most recent crash.  I dunno if this will help or not but hoping it can.  I love teaming but I dont really feel comfortable teaming when I keep crashing.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: score.exe

Application Version: 1.0.0.1

Application Timestamp: 5ccfa740

Fault Module Name: score.exe

Fault Module Version: 1.0.0.1

Fault Module Timestamp: 5ccfa740

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 005c39f0

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 0a9e

Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3: 0a9e

Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Are all drivers up to date?

Starting with Video and Sound?

What are the particulars on the computer beyond Win 7?

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

Glad you asked I actually came back to post my specs as I left a little vague.  Currently all drivers, both video and sound, are up to date.

I have an I7-4770k 3.5 Ghz Processor, 16 gigs of ram, and Geforce 1050 GTX Graphics card.

I mostly use an Audio Interface as an external soundcard, although it is up to date.  I am experimenting with not using and seeing if that helps.

Do you have USB headsets to try for sound?

What is the brand/model for the computer?

Do you know how to do a DXDiag report and post it?

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

I just got some USB headphones to experiment with.  I can create a DXDiag report but it's about 9 pages long.  I'll post the system info and hopefully, that answers your question.  Also just to note the crashes have been replaced with full-on Blue screens.  At this point, it is impossible for me to play.

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

System Manufacturer: ASUS

System Model: All Series

Processor: Intel® Corei7-4770k CPU @ 3.50 GHZ ~ 3.5Ghz

Memory 16348 MB

Direct X Version: DirectX 11

I also have a similarly specc'd ASUS...

Have you added the Homecoming executable to your NVidia Graphics control window/panel? (rt clicking on your desktop should bring a popup window with the NVidia option). 

In the NVidia panel there is a place to add programs that your GForce is supposed to be the default chip to use.

Hit "add" and you should be able to browse to the Homecoming executable and add it.

Carefully select all your desired graphics options for that executable, including choosing the High Performance NVidia processor.  Once all your settings are as you like (the recommended global defaults are what I use), then hit "apply".

You may want to re-start your computer to make sure the settings have stuck. 

This easy fix solved all my lag and crashing issues.