Vertically increase hurtboxes for giant monsters

Menelruin

I have no idea if this would be impossible to do, but it would both improve QOL and feel thematically appropriate. 

So for obvious reasons, if you're fighting something like the Crimson Prototype, melee characters are able to punch at the thing's ankles to hurt it.  However, it seems like even if you can fly, that's almost the ONLY place you can punch it.  An airborne brute has to fly down to actually be in melee range, and can't nail the thing in the face. 

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it feels like the hurtbox is basically just a flat disc near ground level, and gets wider, but not taller.  Is it possible to extend the hurtbox vertically as a cylinder?  This would also allow flying melees more spaces to get in range, rather than all crowding eachother out at ground level.

• Like 2

This is a great QoL idea, you're correct that on GM's you can only attack them from ground level due to the vastly too small hit box.  For a ranged character this is a non-issue but for a flying melee it's one of those strange design choices that you see in many areas of the game.  It would actually be logical for a "head shot" hit box to do more damage than an ankle biter but that's likely a can of worms best left alone.  Simply enlarging the hit box to match the size of the enemy makes sense all around.

• Like 2

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler