Can I change my power colors, after I start play?

Gunnarr

When I am creating a character, I get the option to choose different colors  (on most powers) like having blue energy blasts instead of pink, and so forth. Can I change those later in game, after I start play? As an example, can I reskin "Freezing Rain" to be more molten red, like a fiery rain would look? Or do I need to make those decisions before I play?

I know I get 'costume changes' every so many levels, but I am specifically asking abou tthe power effects like "Soul Noir", or "Bright Cast" and such.

Edited by Gunnarr

If you do it before level 10, you can change everything about your character for free; after that, it costs an amount that increases as you level -- a base tailor fee, plus a fee for each change. If you're only changing your costume colors, the base tailor fee is all you pay; each costume part or customized power you change adds to the cost; using a tailor token (there's a button that appears in the lower right if you have one available) waives all the costs for changes, so it's worth saving them for when you want to make sweeping changes at a higher level.

One thing I have noticed -- and I have not tested this extensively, because I'm mostly satisfied with the power customization I have by level 10 -- is that if you change your power customization, save it to a .powercust file, and complete the changes, you pay the full cost for your changes, but if you immediately pick another costume and load that .powercust file, the changes are free, so if you (say) want to change your Freezing Rain, you can save the modified power customization and load it into all of your other costumes without paying extra.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Coyote said:

Just to note, you HAVE to wait to customize power colors until you get the power, if it's not in your primary or secondary powersets. You can only turn Combat Jumping to "no FX" after you select it as a power, for example.

Only sortof true: you have to have access to the pool that the power comes from, but you don't need to have taken the power itself.

Say you take Hasten at level 4, that means you can recolor anything in the Super Speed pool, by selecting the "All Powers" option at the bottom (which is not enabled by default for pool powers), and then if and when you pick Super Speed up it will be colored the way you wanted it (my default is No-FX for both).

• Like 1