Dark/Storm: looking for ideas and tips, build critique

Papaschtroumpf

If you decide to stay with Mako the build can still work, altho probably you'll need to work harder at endurance management. It means almost for sure you're going with Clarion, which means you'll be relying almost entirely on your Alpha slot for endurance reduction. I'm not sure it will be enough, to be honest. 

One nice thing about /Storm is its all pets, so you can totally unleash freezing rain/lightning storm/nado and then go into your iceberg and chill while you recover Endurance. So Mako may work, just probably not as efficient as a different option. IMO going without mezz protection on a top end build is a total no-go and I do not recommend it.

53 minutes ago, Papaschtroumpf said:

Dos the chance for buildup in umbral beat apply just to hit or affect you and/or other pets also?

Just the beast.

FYI on anything other than Storm I'd also have put the Overwhelming Force: KB to KD IO here. That IO adds knockdown to all powers the pet has that cause damage. It's an incredibly powerful IO for the beast. However, you already cause so much knockdown in Storm it may go unnoticed. It's kind of up to you.

Also, I should have pointed out that putting damage procs in Fearsome Stare can be an effective gamble. It has room for 2 procs. You'll be casting it constantly and procs have a high chance to fire, so why not. The normal downside is it causes enemies to break layered Terrorize for a moment and fire back. But enemies facing you are under a constant barrage of damage from Freezing Rain so you have no reason not to proc that power for damage.

Edited by oedipus_tex