Clothing-Related character build

memecreme

I like creating characters in my head. at some point, this gets out of control and things like "sweatshirt man" end up being the idea you create. when i started playing City of Heroes, i thought creating sweatshirt man in the game would be a good idea. there is one problem, though. How on earth do you create a power that looks like a sweatshirt? i already decided that my secondary should probably be Bio Armor, as i could make that look like i am wrapping my character in sweatshirts to protect himself, but I cant think of a primary. can someone help me with this stupid idea that i somehow managed to come up with?

• 2 weeks later

Lots of possibilities.

It was old; ancient. Its origin lost in the mysts of time. Perhaps it began as an animal skin cape, or a woven grass skirt. Passed from one wearer to another, it had gathered power through the ages. In Cimerora, it had been a segmented Lorica; after the Fall of Rome, it had been a chain hauberk. A conquistador had worn it as a steel breastplate, and gone on to win fame and nobility in New Spain. During the Revolutionary war, it had been a great coat; its wearer had served General Washington, and claimed it stopped bullets. It was lost through the 19th century, but rumors of a soldier whose socks never dirtied, never became wet, and who never tired and moved through the trenches like a sprinter. In Korea, ten men at Frozen Chosin were saved, walked out, by a soldier wearing non-regulation boots. In Paragon City, years afterwards, these rumors were half believed and half ignored. Miracles there were about every day.

The kid was unhappy. He been trying to get off the streets, but jobs were hard to come by, and once on the street, there was a lot of pull in the wrong directions. Gangs, crazy people, outright villains; if you didn't have a clean look and a mailing address, no one would hire you. But he tried. When you have to grab old clothes out of dumpsters, you just can't measure up. And it was always so cold. He wished he could get a bus ticket south. Maybe Florida. That wold be nice. But, tonight wasn't going so well. It was freezing. 

He stopped to help an old man slumped against a wall. January nights could be cold in Rhode Island. He was cold, shivering, and he hated it. The old man was shivering, huddled under some trash, with just a bag and a blanket. There was a shelter on 11th Street, over in the Jewelers' district, but on the way, they'd been mugged by Outcasts. He woke up, bruised, half an hour later, and the old man was hunched down next to him.

"Up you go, friend.", he said, "We made it". Sure enough, they were next to the shelter. The old man's breath was awful. "The stole your sweater. I'll be okay here, and I don't have a lot of time left anyhow." The old mans face betrayed a softness and a care rare on the mean streets. "Here take my old socks." The old man handed him a sweater. "Really, take 'em. You're young, and you have a good heart." Socks? It was a sweater. The old man must be nuts.

They got up, and the kid got the man inside the shelter. But he needed to move on. Walking down the dark, cold street, he slipped the grubby old sweater on against the cold, and it was like lightning. It was clean, neat, and so red. Silky smooth inside, beautiful fuzz all over it, fresh from a glitzy department store. He drew his breath in, and every muscle in his body tensed and it flared. Fire, fire everywhere; bursting out from the sweater, covering his body painlessly in warmth; his fists erupting is blazing power. 

"Wow, I'm never going to be cold again," he though to himself. He could do some good now, put those outcasts in jail for beating him and the old man up. And further, a blazing sense of purpose and possibilities filled his mind. But first, he thought, "I need some new pants."

Edited by Andreah
  • Like 1